Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you make sure you get 2 dozen shafts in the same weight classification? Its not an option on any of the online stores. If I called up Lancaster and specifically asked them to ship me 2 dz ACE shafts in the same weight classification, would that work?

Just wondering for future reference.

btw, how much would my sight marking go up if I replaced by FF 150 vanes with spinnies? Assuming same arrows, 44lb draw and 70 & 90 meters?

Thanks

·
Genesis 21:20
21,768 Posts
Leighton,

Right now I have 1/2 doz. arrows fletched with 1 3/4" spin wings and 1/2 doz. with 2" FF vanes. The FF vanes weigh about 10 grains more than the spin wings. At 70 meters (shooting 48#@32") the arrows with the FF vanes impact approx. 6" lower than the spin wings. From what I can tell, the FF vanes are grouping a little tighter, but I haven't fine tuned either batch yet.

John.

·
Thread Killer
195 Posts
I order all of my arrows online. I order through LAS and haven't had a problem ordering ACE/X10 shafts. The wieght classification for the shafts are designated by C._ for example on my X10 shafts the wieght group is C.4, if ordering more than one dozen you can specify that both should be within the same group.

When odering through LAS you can give specific instructions in the remarks box at the end of the ordering page. Maybe GT can shed some light on the ranges of the ACE as far as wieght clasifications.

Hop this helps

Nick

·
Registered
293 Posts
I shoot ACCs, and you can order these by manufacturing 'run'. Theoretically, if all your arrows come from the same run, they will be more similar than if they come from different runs.

I imagine ACEs are similar.

By the way -- I have two sets of ACCs from DIFFERENT runs -- the arrows in each run are within maybe .5 grains, but the two runs are 10 grains apart -- so I have one set of arrows that are 370 grains, one set that is 360.

·
Genesis 21:20
21,768 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts