Archery Talk Forum banner

Buying arrows

548 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  top5fingers
I need some help figuring out what to get as I'd like to purchase off the internet. I shoot an Hoyt Ultratec with a 25" draw length and it's set at 62lbs. I presently use Easton 2117 aluminum XX75's with 100 gr tips. If I stick with the same arrows how and where can I order them.

I've also given thought to going Carbon. What would be my best value for a first time carbon shooter?

Thanks guys...............
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,343 Posts
At your length and poundage I would use a 5575 XT Gold Tip. You wont need the pro as your arrow length is so short. If you build your own cut them equal from both ends and youll end up with a super straight arrow for less money. They will as good or better than any aluminum and outlast them 10-1.

· Registered
750 Posts
http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/

They have good prices and great customer service.

As far as carbon arrows, what are you going to use them for? But you will find that there are alot of opinions on what are the best.

target/3d- I like my Beman 9.3 (same as easton fatboys, but cheaper)
hunting/3d- Alot of people like CX Maxima series arrows, I still like my aluminums, xx78 2314.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
Join the 21st century. Try some standard grade Goldtip series 22 ultra lites. Tough enough for deer and light/big dia. enough to be competitive at 3D. Beman 9.3 500 spine would also be a great choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.