Archery Talk Forum banner

buying bow from internet

586 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  rambo-yambo
I surfed the internet and found a store name " Alternate Sporting Service" from Europe. Their price on the bow I like is about 30% less than store in US. Have anyone buy from this store before? What si your experience? Any help would be appreciated.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10,119 Posts
nope

never heard of them. Check out the shipping.
it costs a lot to ship or receive something from Europe.
unless you already live there.

· Registered
752 Posts
Hi, I buy most of my bits from them and have only ever had good service which is more than I can say from some UK mail order companies, also they price in my local currency. Plus the last order (Black Eagle scope) arrived in 4 days something of a record here. OK being in the EU I don't get hit for duties as I have to pay the taxes in the UK, so it would be worth checking what it will cost you to import and remember to tell them to price without the VAT.
Good luck,
Barry.

· onward and upward
953 Posts
I bought a beiter sever tool from them and paid less for everything including shipping than anyplace in the US. It took a couple of days longer but they were good with communication and quick considering where it came from.

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alternate Sporting supplies

Thanks guys. Their price for a KAP Winstar riser and a W&W winstorm carbon limb is $245 including shipping and handling, as compared to $370 from a large US internet archery store. I think I might give them a try . Thanks again.

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correction : Alternate sporting supplies price including S&H is $285 instead of $245 as stated earlier, but still is a lot cheaper than $370 from Lancaster. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.