Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm not entireley new to the archery scene. However, I'm finding it quite hard to choose my first bow - should I go for something quite cheap replace by bow with a beetter one in future, or would it be wise to purchase a reasonably good riser now and upgrade limbs as I progress.
My choices of riser include:
SF Forged Plus
Cartel Fantom.
I don't want to spend too a large sum as yet but I'd prefer not to buy something to cheap either.
Any help is very welcome.

Thanks

·
Shootin and Cussin
22,917 Posts
So, what I'd do is set a budget and make that my top dollar.

For a recurve setup I'd look used first. There is less than can bite you in that world. When I got a bit more money I'd upgrade the limbs first and then the riser later.

Both the bows you list are good. I'd go with the SF just because I like their stuff a little better than Cartel.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The SF forged plus is a great riser that can grow with your abilities. You could always upgrade the limbs as you need to, but the forged plus is an excellent riser, you get a lot of value there. it's a great value at retail, but it may be worth a look to see if there's a used one out there in the classified. Love mine.

·
32,566 Posts
I have the Sebastion Flute riser with Kaya limbs and its a dandy to shoot.....My limbs are 30lb limbs and it is plenty enough with these light arrows to have little to no drop at 20yds.....don't over bow yourself like I did with 40lb limbs to start with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts