Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I know, keep in mind im 6'2 260lbs. looking for something LITE, yet comfy, and safe

treewalker - looks like a great stand, big and comfy for long sits. grips tree great (spikes are almost too much) main concern is weight of the stand. Website claims it's 18lbs. Ive heard its more like 21-22. If that's the case, count it out for me. if 18 lbs is legit, may consider it. sick of packing in my summit goliath, although its a great stand in all aspects.

timbertall - looks great, VERY LITE 14.5lbs which is a huge plus, since ill be using this particular climber for long walks. Curious about how it grips tree. Not so sure about the design of the grips. Im leaning towards this stand, bc of the weight of it. main concern is safety.

Summit - own two, love them to death. wouldnt be posting on here if the new lightweight one supported 300 lbs.

Lone wolf - the big guy climber looks awesome. know it would be a good stand, but the 22-23 lb weight is main concern. Wish they had a lighter stand for a bigger guy. lwau

All input and help greatly appreciated

Oldbilwaulke

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Xos treestand as well. Yhey are basically LW as well. I believe there are a bit cheaper. Xos and LW would be the only choices if i bought outside of summit

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm 6'3" 240 (have weighed more) and I have both Summit Vipers and API Grand Slams. I MUCH prefer the API GS's to the Summits. The Summits are certainly good stands, but the API fits me better. Also the API is a BREEZE to get ready for packing out and packs MUCH better than the Summit. The others you mentioned I have no experience with.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
As a Lone Wolf owner and a previous owner of a Tree Walker promag sl, the lone wolf is so much better it
isn't even close. The Tree Walker is a pretty comfortable stand, but that's about it. Everything else about the stand
is designed to make noise. The clanky pins, the plastic water pipe on the cables, the mesh seat gets stiff when it's cold
and sounds like nails on a chalk board when it slides against the powder coated metal when you try to stand up. If
you decide on the Lone Wolf I would recommend the wide top version. It gives you a little more room to maneuver
when you wear heavy clothes.

·
Registered
7,415 Posts
Their is no reason to be concerned with the weight on the Lone Wolf. It feels lighter, because it packs so close to
your body compared to the others hanging off your back.

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Their is no reason to be concerned with the weight on the Lone Wolf. It feels lighter, because it packs so close to
your body compared to the others hanging off your back.
This, all I use are Lone Wolf stands. I sold my summit and the Tree Walker is hanging in the garage. Buy the sit and climb wide and put a Hazmore seat on it, it is just awesome.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
any info on timbertall? 14.5 lb climber would be awesome. just makes me wander on comfort and how it sticks to a tree

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you discount the treewalker because of the advertised weight is not what it actually says that it weighs, I think a lot of the other stands have that same issue. Weigh more than advertised. Don't own the lone wolf so I can't say if it actually weighs as advertised but have the summit and it is more than the mfg. claims it is. Don't mean to bash the timbertall as I was thinking about getting one and spoke to the owner on the phone and he even stated the same thing, that although it is advertised a certain weight they may be heavier. Just something to consider.

·
Strictly Public Land
12,305 Posts
Xos treestand as well. Yhey are basically LW as well. I believe there are a bit cheaper. Xos and LW would be the only choices if i bought outside of summit
XOP is what your referring to.

XOP is pushing the threshold of losing customers to Lonewolf instead of the other way around because they are pricing closer to LW prices this year compared to last. they incresed the prices of their stand by 30-40 dollars and they didnt do anything different except paint them green. A 2 dollar rattle can would do the same thing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on your selection. I own two L/W climbers. Once you get over the price, you'll be happy with your decision. My sit and climbs are quiet, comfortable and once positioned, like a rock. Easy to pack in and out. Get used to it in the off season. Go climb on a warm day. Get used to your harness and make tweeks for your setup. Attach your safety straps to each section and attach your pull up line. Don't wait until deer season. I hunt 25 to 30 feet up. From arrival to my tree to having bow in hand is around 10 to 12 mins. Perfect practice and a system for climbing and packing, is as important as your investment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts