Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying my first press and not wanting to sink a lot of money in one. The one that I am looking at is the APPLE PRO EXTREME press. I was wondering if you can press a older Mathews bow in it and a newer one like the Reezen without damaging it? Thanks.

· Registered
36,987 Posts
Check out the Classifieds here , The Scootballs bowpress is an awsome press and is around $400.00

· Registered
950 Posts
I would call the bow manfacturer and see what they recommend. Just my opinion, but I have read too many stories about $600.00 to $1000.00 bows damaged by being pressed wrong. Why would you spend that kind of money on a bow and then chance pressing it in a press the manufacturer does not recommend? Not knocking the presses for sale on here or the press you are interested in, just my opinion. Good luck.

· Registered
318 Posts
Just got a press from Omni Press here in the classifieds. Great press, not high priced, and can press just about any bow out there. I pressed a Reezen, Diamond, and of course it presses all my Hoyt's with no problem.

· Registered
5,240 Posts
I got a Hydra-press and it'll press just about anything.I'd spend a couple more dollars and go w/ the XL( so you can press longer ATA bows) its just a couple bucks xtra.Wess at Hydra-press is also making a different version kinda like the EZ-Press. If Money is no object Id prob go with the EZ-Press. The X-press is nice/expensive, it adj. in every possible way, but that is also time consuming. But like stated above that little bit of time can save you alot of money down the road in repairs.

· Registered
1 Posts
Check this out. It's a portable bow press that can go along with ya in the field if you wish. I've pressed a Diamond and a PSE with it. It works great with single or split limb bows. Costs about $30 - $35 at Bass Pro Shop.

I can't post a web link because this is my first post. You evidently need to have 5 posts before you can post a link. Whatever. So the address is below, you can figure out what it is I'm sure.

xxx.prototechind.xxx

Shabo

· Registered
1,457 Posts
I got a Hydra-press and it'll press just about anything.I'd spend a couple more dollars and go w/ the XL( so you can press longer ATA bows) its just a couple bucks xtra.Wess at Hydra-press is also making a different version kinda like the EZ-Press. If Money is no object Id prob go with the EZ-Press. The X-press is nice/expensive, it adj. in every possible way, but that is also time consuming. But like stated above that little bit of time can save you alot of money down the road in repairs.
Check it out.

http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww39/Hydrapress/?albumview=slideshow

· Registered
1,471 Posts
I bought a used press recently as my first press. One thing I quickly realized is that the press I have is not perfectly suited to press each of the different bows I work on. If I could afford it, I would like to get a EZ Press. From what I understand, that press can do just about all compound bows.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
I have the Omni press and it does most anything I need it to except totally break down a bow easily. Then again, I don't often break down bows so it suits me just fine. Odds are if a limb is coming off then it is a warranty issue and the shop that sold me the bow will have to take care of it anyway so the point is moot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.