Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am set on a realdeal..the only thing is .19 or.29 inch pins or 2 inch housing or 2-3/4 inch housing? i am going for bright as possible.. and far as the housing is concerned i want my peep, i think its 1-16th of an inch to line up with the white line on the sight.. i saw the sight on mtnarchery.com for 109.00 but they only have the .19 inch micro pins and with the 2-3/4 inch housing. im worried the small pins arent bright enough for low light and the housing is to big to aline with my peep.. also where can i go to persue my size options..thanks alot guys

· Registered
140 Posts
spott-hogg sight

Andrew,

I hate to answer your question with a question. But your options on pin and housing size depends on 1 what are you going to do with the sight? 2 How fast is the speed of your arrows? The reason I ask is the .019 pins are great for 3D, five spot or field shooting. the .029 pins are more geared for hunting but you can use them for comp shooting. The size of the housing depends on the speed of your set up (ie) the 2" housing is generally use for speeds 270fps and above. The larger housing is 268fps and below. Both size housing should fit inside your peep. Also this depends on how far you extend the bar on the sight. I have the .019 pins and the 2" housing that I plain on using on a 3D set up for next year. Take a look at your set up and what you plan on using it for then decide what options you need. Whichever way you go I think you will really like the hogg-it.

I hope this helps Good shooting!

· Registered
176 Posts
real deal

For hunting i would recomend the 029.pins and the larger pin guard.The 029. pins are a light brighter for hunting.The larger pin guard will give you more verticle ajustment with a 268fps and slower arrow.I would not recomend the small pin guard unless you will be shooting 270fps or faster ,i hope this helps btw spot hogg makes a great sight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.