Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get a sight/scope for my paper punching bow. I was looking at the Sure-lok fury sight. What kinds of features should I be looking for? A lot of the real nice target sights all seem to do the exact same thing.

I can see just fine at 20 and don't think Id need a magnifying lens. I still want to run circles or dots, anyone had better luck with those than a traditional pin?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Micro adjust. Easy to adjust precisely, but stays in place once set.
Dovetail to move scope closer and further from you.
Multi axis leveling

Easy to gang adjust in azimuth. But with plenty of range to micro adjust in azimuth as well.

Well made case for storage and transport.

“Standard” sized scope ... meaning you could easily buy a lens should you decide to later on.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Scope power is usually based on distance. Scopes 6X or higher will probably also require a clarifying peep as well. The actual sight mechanics is kinda dependant on whether you're at a fixed distance or shooting multiple distances. A dovetail mount is a must as is everything else that shogun points out. Also keep in mind that you can get a top of the line scope and it'll still have a pin on it. the actual pin can be magnified (scope) lighted (fiber optic, sun powered) or lighted by LED. you can have multiple pins in the same housing for different ranges. Get the best sight package that you can afford. If all you can afford is 100 bucks, then buy USED. As long as you can match the basic criteria of micro adjustability and a good solid mount that wont come loose, you can always go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts