Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm intersetd in buying a used Switchback xt and would like to know a fair price on bare bow. Also if a seller isn't black listed or fairly new how safe is my transaction. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated send pm if you wish.

Thanks Paul

·
Registered
478 Posts
Can't help you with any of the other but here is a tip that you may already know. Just in case you don't, here it is.

Most manufactures do not warranty a used bow. Basically to get the full warranty you would have to by one new from a dealer, does not matter what the seller says about warranty cards. The good thing though is that if you ever have problems with something like limbs, and you buy new ones, those will be covered. If in doubt, call the manufacture first to find out about warranties on used bows.

With all that in mind, I have bought used bows and have been pretty lucky so far.

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
Hi all I'm interested in buying a used Switchback xt and would like to know a fair price on bare bow. Also if a seller isn't black listed or fairly new how safe is my transaction. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated send pm if you wish.

Thanks Paul

I have bought maybe 12 used bows here on Archery Talk maybe more. True.. no warranty. That being said most equipment is exactly as stated by the seller.

You can do a search for Switchback XT here to see what their 'used' listing price has been.

Don't be in a hurry. You can check folks out with 'feedback', looking at the posts they have made, and when you find a bow your interested in get a phone number and give them a call. A lot can be said for regular old conversation.

Sorry to you folks that have no, or low number of 'feedback' but I may shy away until you have been here awhile.

Anyway lots of nice stuff on here. I haven't bought a new bow for many years. I recommend this site to anyone looking for used archery equipment.

Good Luck
Nick

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I have also bought a number of bows from e-bay and AT Classifieds - with good results. Most of them were Hoyts, though; and there are rarely any warranty issues with these. I would expect to be able to get a bare Switchback XT for somewhere in the low to mid $400 range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just bought a used bow on here and my first advice would be to pay with a credit card through paypal. That will give you the best chance of recovering your money if things don't work out. Also make sure you get the sellars info: full name, address and home and cell number. Call them and talk to them and ask as many questions you can think of. If you don't have that warm fuzzy after talking to them walk away cause there are a lot of good deals out there to be had.

Mike

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
AT is super

I have bought two bows on here and I could not be happier. Both were exactly as promised. I would not hesitate to buy another on here. Some great buys if you are not in a hurry

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would only buy here vs any other site (especially eBay). Bought one from eBay one time and was NOT as advertised. Huge ordeal to get it taken care of.

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
I would say a SBXT would run probably $400-$475 price range, it's a great bow hands down.

Use common sense when buying/selling:wink:

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
would one with 70 # limbs generly be higher priced then one with either 50 or 60# limbs
Bows are normally priced based on the condition, custom strings or grips, and demand for that particular model. I haven't seen any difference in the asking prices based on 60 or 70lb draw weight. That is why lefty bows are usually a little lower priced than righty. Less demand for the left handed bows.

I agree with the above poster, 425-450 would be a good deal on an XT in Good Condition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts