Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you fellas keep your CA fresh. I keep mine in the fridge. I heard it keeps it from drying up. I still have a problem keeping the spout from drying up and getting hard.

Any Ideas???

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I'm going to be real helpful here :)

Mine sits on the counter with no cap on half the time. Never had an issue, its a pretty old bottle (A year maybe? - it is a 2 oz bottle so capable of lots and lots of arrows). And then when I do put the cap on the end is filled with dried glue so it just sorta sits on top of it, it doesn't seal.

I think too many bottles are very very narrow and get clogged easy. This one is a different size than the old superglue tubes that pretty much always stopped up (I almost never got to use a whole tube or bottle of other brands). Maybe it is a conspiracy to get us to purchase more :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
C/a

c/a will keep longer in the frig. but moisture will set it. Place it in a
baggie before putting it in the frig. The tip can be cleaned by putting
it in a container of acetone, it will also take dried c/a off of your
fingers.
Charlie

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ceebee said:
The tip can be cleaned by putting
it in a container of acetone

So what your saying is... take the cap off and clean it up with acetone then place it back on the bottle and put it in a baggie then into the fridge?

·
Registered
455 Posts
C/a

Yes that is correct. Also c/a has a shelf life, it will get thicker as it gets older. However I have stored some in the freezer for up to six months with no ill effects ( I use a lot of it with r/c airplanes ).
Charlie

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
Throw the cap away and run a screw into the spout. When you want to use the glue, remove the screw and the hole will be clear. When finished, just replace the screw.

·
Registered
441 Posts
what I do

store the glue bottle upside down, just make sure the cap is on good. Drill a hole in a piece of wood and stick the spout into the hole, storing the bottle spout down. This prevents the cloged up tip and keep the jelling to the bottom.

I were told this by the Gorrilla glue rep, on storing their glue without the top from hardening.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts