Archery Talk Forum banner

Cabelas Bowhunter's vest, or Primos bow vest?

2404 11
got me a cabelas gift card for my b-day and i'm looking to buy a vest. but which should i choose... help me pick one.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,137 Posts
I've never used the cabelas vest, but I have used the Primos bowhunters vest for 5-6 years now and I wouldn't hunt without it. Deffinetly worth every dollar and is probably the most important piece of camo clothing I own.

It has an endless amount of pockets for everything you need, and its all right there at your fingertips.

:thumbs_up for the Primos Bowhunters Vest

· Registered
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that seems to be the general concensus on the primos vest.. which i wouldn't hesitate to buy. truthfully, i went on cabelas site to buy it, but then saw their own bow vest and wondered about that one.

i do need one though. i've always got all kinds of crap in my shirts and pants pockets so a nice, organized vest would be a huge asset for me.

· Registered
784 Posts
The Primos vest looks to be more tailored which makes it a better choice for bowhunters. The Cabela's one looks more baggy and might just be extra fabric to get hung up in bowstrings, etc. Id don't use either one because I usually have on my Hunter's Safety System. If I were more of a spot & stalk/western hunter, I'd go with Primos.

· Registered
101 Posts
I have never used the Cabela's vest, but I have used the Primos vest for 2 seasons and love it. It is well made, has lots of compartments for all of your calls, etc. It also has an elastic band that snugs it down to prevent it from getting caught in the bowstring. I would highly recommend it.

NJ

· Registered
1,829 Posts
primos vest only comes in mossy oak break up and the cabelas vest comes in apg. That would decide it for me if that remains true.

· Registered
3,137 Posts
yeah i don't think the cabelas one has that "snug fit" feature to it.. how do the primos vests run size wise? do they run big or small? i'm 6 ft. 225.
I'm 6'6" 240..and I wear the XXL vest. I could almost go XL but when I have layers and my coat on i need XXL.

for a guy your size I would reccomend the XL or possibly the Large.

Good luck:darkbeer:

· Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm always concerned about odor. It seems if you wear the vest long enough, it would have alot of human body odor. Can the vest be washed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.