Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doe anyone know who makes this bow? I called Cabela's and they confirmed that a "big name" company makes it for them but they wouldn't tell me which one. You would think I was asking the U.S. Government for missle launch codes. How do they expect someone to buy their bow if they won't tell you who makes it and thus where to get parts for it in the future? If someone has tried it, what did you think of it when you shot it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
The one I have seen from Cabelas sure does seem to be an AR (offshoot of PSE). That's my best guess. It looks like a decent bow.

F

·
0 Posts
You talking about PL-1

PSE. Does not compare to AR just because there are cut outs in riser.

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
The dead give-a-way is the exact same idler that is used on the PSE bows. Bottom cam has same profile, but different cutouts.

I have thought about buying one of these. They look like a really good bow. I'm not sure how easy it would be to get the limbs exchanged if they should fail. Who would work on it?

Any ideas?

:confused:

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
Just guessing, but it is probably the same as a PSE and you would probably have to have a PSE shop work on it to get the parts. :confused:

I would think that a shop would not want to do warranty work on a bow that they did not sell, but maybe PSE/Cabelas would pay them to fix it.

On second thought, you might have to ship it back to Cabelas for a replacement.

I guess we need to ask Cabelas.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The skinny on the bow is this...It is made by PSE, it is NOTHING like anAR. Testing will show that the only specks that are accurate is the ATA length, the rest is way off. It is supossed to have a good warrenty, but who is going to fix it? Bottom line go to a dealer for your equipment.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I guess I look at it differently b/c I have a Cabela's here in town. I would just take it back to Cabela's.

·
Registered
807 Posts
DarthTedd is correct.

This bow is made by PSE, or rather the same division of PSE that produces the AR series.

These are well made bows and are competitive with bows that sell for $100-150 more.

If anyone wants a quality bow, and one that has parallel limb technology, state of the art limb to risor connection, solid limbs, CNC machining in the risor, cam, as well as idler, (the most critical aspect of single cam design--if the idler is askew the bow will be impossible to tune properly), and all at an affordable price,...this one deserves serious consideration.

I am not a PSE, AR, or CABELA'S rep. ,...I simply recognize a good quality bow when I see it.

Your money will be well spent.
IMHO,
bowtinkerer :cool:

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
Why in the world doesn't PSE change those limbs and camo pattern to be like this bow?

This is a really asthetically pleasing bow.

PSE Brush may be effective, but it looks like it came out of the 1950's.

No offense, Pete is very intellegent.

Just asking, I don't get it. :confused:

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
reminds me of the pearson freedom bow except it's a solid limb instead of a split limb. the riser looks identical
rob k

·
Registered
882 Posts
The camo is what Cabelas wanted. Pse has two camo patterns now, the brush and the pro shop camo. Don't be surprised to see somthing a little different next year. They have some VERY good young engineers at the factory that are putting alot of effort into the bow designs. Look at what has changed in the last few years and then look that far into the future.

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
Cool, I like new stuff.

It's like Christmas.

Unfortunately, it makes me spend all of my money!

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
the outfitter bow is made by pse/ the cam and limb pockets are also pse...this bow looks good and that is about it..i have shot one and it is not even close at being a quality item..it was ibo'd at about 300fps/my testing a 5g per lb and using nothing on the string at 29.5 in draw barely broke 268fps...this is nothing more then a pretty pse nova...JMO

Mikeday

·
NC ASA Director
35,916 Posts
Thanks for the info. I almost blew $450.00.

I called Cabela's about the warranty, and they said not to worry,
it doesn't have Mathrews limbs on it!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

·
Registered
807 Posts
BOW TESTING

Hey MIKIE DAY,

Are you still shooting those ONIEDA brand bows? Certainly looks like it by your avatar and the little inscription under your posting/reply.

I have my doubts about the veracity of your "testing",...does any bow measure up to the ONIEDA???!!! :D :D :p :cool:

268 fps ...what did you have the pull weight set on...52# ??? :D

Just kiddin', don't get your panties in a wad...

Seriously though, tell us more about the Cabelas bow, i.e., does the idler have sealed needle bearings as does the other top-o-the- line PSE bows,...does the cam adjust with modules, and what axle bushing material is used ?

Other than this bow not being an ONIEDA, what else did you like/dislike about it ? :D ;)

bowtinkerer :cool:

·
Banned
6,017 Posts
ok, i understand were that came from...but remember i am still a pse lover and owner (Durango BW)

I had the weight (per their scale) at 70lbs on the money..

here are the pros and cons on the bow.

Camo-very nice
Feel: grip was nice but the bow is heavy
Sound: nothing on the bow or string it was very twangy and loud...but limbsavers would tame this problem for sure.
the bow also felt top heavy-by the time i would put a red dot scope on this bow it would be heavier then a new Oneida...lol

the reason i disliked it so much was because for the money it (to me) is not worth it, i like speed combined with power and forgiveness-in my opinion this bow did not offer that..if the price was lower then this would be a good beginners bow: there are alot better performers for less money (all brands)

***did this help???lol

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts