Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CABELA'S CARBON HUNTER: Anyone use these for hunting? If so what is your opinion of them? They were on sale for 39.99 a dozen and i couldn't pass em up, im getting them today so just want to know what to expect.

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
They will do fine for ya...I shot them a few years back.An only had trouble with them when I bounced a few ofd a concrete wall

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT any more info?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Expect this... I Bought them in a rush got them home an after inspecting my friends like each fletching is different! An they were and glue all over so I returned them. Only 3/12 were the same an acceptable. Maybe ask Before ordering. The fletching was terrible.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Expect this... I Bought them in a rush got them home an after inspecting my friends like each fletching is different! An they were and glue all over so I returned them. Only 3/12 were the same an acceptable. Maybe ask Before ordering. The fletching was terrible.
Man that sucks.... Hopefully they fixed that problem. They are due to arrive today so i will let everyone know how they look this evening. Any more experiences?

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
at the price you got them for its still worth it even if you need to have them refletched.. they still available, they'd make a good small game arrow (can go through a dozen arrows easy)

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
I used them for several years but I always bought the raw shafts and fletched them myself. they worked just fine for me. It is my understanding that they are Beaman ICS Hunters rebranded with Cabelas name.

·
Registered
314 Posts
When I bought my bow from a guy from this AT forum and they came with some. I was given some ACC's from my uncle a couple years ago so that is what I shoot at deer with. However, I still shoot my Cabela's hunters at targets and they shoot just perfectly fine. I'm tempted to use these for season b/c i've learned that ACC's aren't the best for hunting.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
at the price you got them for its still worth it even if you need to have them refletched.. they still available, they'd make a good small game arrow (can go through a dozen arrows easy)
They are still on sale but they are 49.99 when i bought they were 39.99

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No one else uses or has used these?

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts
I used them for several years but I always bought the raw shafts and fletched them myself. they worked just fine for me. It is my understanding that they are Beaman ICS Hunters rebranded with Cabelas name.
Your thinking of the stalker Extreme Cabelas shafts(100% sure)..The Carbon Hunters that the OP is referring too are relabeled Easton carbon storm shafts(pretty sure)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright well thanks for the info guys.. Hope to have them cut by tonight and shot by tomorrow.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No one else?

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I used these arrows for 7 years and never had any problems with them. I was told by the owner of Adams archery in Milan Michigan that they are actually easton powerflights. I shoot gold tip XT hunters now and to tell you the truth I see no difference in my accuracy, even with broadheads.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been shooting these for a while now. I ordered a set of Beman ICS Bowhunter 400 shafts and damned if they're not EXACTLY the same as the Cabelas Carbon Hunter, down to the nock(beman color codes by spine, all of cabelas are white).

Now I feel really dumb because for years I shot the 55/70(which is a 400 spine) using 125 grain broadheads out of my parker 60 pound bow. I left the arrows full length and my broadhead shooting was erratic at best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts