Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

They look ot be a solid construction, and from the description sounds like they are possibly made by G5. Who has had experience with these heads?

·
Banned
73 Posts
I think they may be trocar-tip Strikers...someone more knowledgeable will post up hopefully

·
Banned
38 Posts
Yes, made by G5... in some of their stuff it even mentions "monoflow technology"

I like Strikers, so these should be pretty good, too

·
Banned
73 Posts
Yes, made by G5... in some of their stuff it even mentions "monoflow technology"

I like Strikers, so these should be pretty good, too
If they're "generic" strikers, I wonder if they're good enough for my bowtech......:embara:

Wondertwin powers ACTIVATE!
Form of: Fanboy!
Shape of: snob!

*races around the office with jacket over head as cape, trips on toner box.....

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they're "generic" strikers, I wonder if they're good enough for my bowtech......:embara:

LOL...nearly made my soda come out my nose :laugh:

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From Cabelas site

Copperhead Broadheads
Just like its namesake, the Copperhead will strike quietly and fatally from where you're hiding. The Copperhead is built on a rock-solid 17-4 PH stainless steel ferrule using Monoflow™ technology with a black oxide finish from tip to thread. The blades are the sharpest German blades available. They are .030" thick, made of 420 stainless steel and covered with a special proprietary coating to keep them sharper for a longer period. The three-blade design has a 1-1/16" cutting diameter and 100-grain weight. The proven trocar point is molded into the broadhead to provide amazing strength and accuracy, while the blade retention system has been proven under the harshest hunting conditions. When combined, the Copperhead will provide you with bone-crushing strength and surgical sharpness. Each broadhead is rotationally tested to ensure the strictest quality in straightness to yield unmatched accuracy. Cabela's urges all customers to handle these Copperheads with extreme caution – they might bite back.
From some of the language used like Monoflow Technoligy I assumed they are produced by G5, but who knows. Interesting design.

Bass Pro Shops uses simmilar language to describe their heads.

This sleek, technically advanced replaceable-blade broadhead represents the ultimate in durability and sharpness. Its precision ferrule is all stainless steel, configured using patented MonoFlow™ technology to ensure superior strength and flight performance. The super-sharp German steel blades, full .030" thick, are securely locked into the ferrule and will remain intact even in the toughest conditions. Cut-on-contact tip for deep penetration. Wide 1 1/16'' cutting diameter.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

Sure Lost me on this one ! :confused:

Crazy Wolf.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Me too :confused:

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Looks like a way to get Strikers for a little less, like $10 a pack less.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I dunno but I put the bass pro black out blades in the ferrule from a striker and they were loose, didn't try it the other way around though.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Guys, its from a cartoon from about 30 years ago.:)

As long as you use your powers for good Sapo, all will be well.:wink:
well now I just feel old......:zip:

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I believe from their descriptions both the Blackout and Copperhead are manufactured by G5. Does anybody have experience with these heads?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
They could be made by Wac 'Em. G5 copied their design off of Wac 'Em, which is made in Utah.

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,078 Posts
super friend unite

well now I just feel old......:zip:
don't feel bad! I knew what your yalking about! Green latern was the best! close second was wonderwomen!

Back on topic..... I have shot the black outs into foam only. pretty nice head they flew nice and were tough. But I can get anything to fly well cause I have a fob on the other end.
Koz

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,998 Posts
I shot them last season and they flew fine shot one deer worked well
my only hesitation would be materials there expandable used to be made by rocket all pieces were interchangable but the cabella's furel would bend on impact and the rocket did not I am going to compare them with the striker this year just haven't done it yet

·
Registered
96 Posts
A buddy of mine used the strikers last year, and tried the copperheads this year. He had no problems with them. Said they performed just like the striker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts