Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Remember.. Archery is fun
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

Saturday in central Minnesota was pretty miserable, heavy rain and strong winds. It looks like the wind pushed the rain right through my dry plus. I was soaked. Anyone else experience this with Dry Plus?

Nick

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Dry plus has always worked well for me, although a little noisier than I would like. You have to be very careful washing and drying the waterproof clothing. If you take care of it it should last a long time. Not sure why you got soaked. Are you sure it is Dry Plus?

·
Registered
628 Posts
It couldn't have been dry plus.... I have a set of Cabela's Dry Plus bibs and bhunting jacket. 9 years old and still dry as can be in the rain.

Beware.... any of the rainproof clothing that is "chemically treated" to provide waterproofing won't stand up to the pooring rain. Light mist.... it's OK, but a true rain.... you'll be soaked to the core.

Save up and buy the best... goretex or cabela's dry plus. Not saying you didn't, but I'd be suprised if dplus didn't hold up given my experiences with it and other reports of the same.

Siefrj

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had dry plus rain gear for years , never a problem. I have had very bad luck with the dry plus waders I had 3 pair in 6 months before I just got my money back and bought a pair of simms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts