Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would really like to get the Double Bull, but the Cabelas is 200 cheaper.
Are the Cabelas pretty good blinds?

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
yes

I have the full draw 5x blind in the 3d camo. i love it.. there is enough room to draw and shoot from any angle (i have a 30" draw) oh and thats with somone in there filming too lol. i have had deer within 10 yards a week ago while scouting. AWESOME blind for the money.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
My buddy just picked up a cabellas lightning set blind for $150, And it is easy and fast to set up. It is very high quality. For the money I dont think you can find a better blind (IMO)

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been using an older DB but its small with two guys in it:cry:

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
We tried this new lightning out with the both of us in it, Its tight, but we plan on using it for turkey hunting so we worked it out so the shooter tucks out of the way and leaves the majority of the open space for the shooter. I think this thing will work out good for us this season.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i have the full draw 5x, great blind...hard to imagine any blind being twice as good.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
I meant the CALLER tucks out of the way
jimposten said:
We tried this new lightning out with the both of us in it, Its tight, but we plan on using it for turkey hunting so we worked it out so the shooter tucks out of the way and leaves the majority of the open space for the shooter. I think this thing will work out good for us this season.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
AJ008 said:
Are the Cabelas pretty good blinds?
AJ008,
I purchased a Cabelas Full Draw 5 ground blind, this spring and have been hunting groundhogs out of it with great success. :thumb: It's almost too easy....as I walk toward the g-hog that's out of his hole, he runs in his hole to hide and I set the blind up about 20 yards from the hole and wait. I usually wait about10 to 20 minutes before they come out, check out the blind and walk out into plain view and I take the shot. :rip:

For $149.99, an excellent camo pattern that blends well with most terrains, is easy to set up/ take down, light weight/easy to carry, etc., so yes, I highly recommend this blind to anyone! :nod:

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dicks Sporting goods blinds

I just got Dicks s.g.,...version of the full draw 3-d leaf cuts.....I got the 2x.....very nice and on sale for $99........their 5x version is on sale for $149........and these are the 3-d leafy cut ones.....the die-cuts seem to hide the blind even better......very sweet looking !!!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isn't there a blind that is bigger than like 60 inch wide walls? This older Double Bull is 57" and dang its tight! The 5 is only like 60...
Are there any that are about 65"? Maybe I'll write Double Bull and tell them huntin' is about bonding with your fellow meat eating man and ground blinds should accommodate that!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
AJ008 said:
Isn't there a blind that is bigger than like 60 inch wide walls? This older Double Bull is 57" and dang its tight! The 5 is only like 60...
Are there any that are about 65"? Maybe I'll write Double Bull and tell them huntin' is about bonding with your fellow meat eating man and ground blinds should accommodate that!:tongue:

the cabels 5x blinds are 60"x60" at the base.... and if you look with the hub design the walls actually are alot further out then the base. i am not sure of the acutal measurement wall to wall.. but i am guessing its close to 72" or bigger. There is ALOT of room to draw and shoot from any angle... i have had lots of practice in mine. there is enough room to have some one film you inside awell

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I just got a Yukon Tracks Enforcer I think the model is. I got it from Dick's online.

The spec's are 70x70 90" hub to hub and it is tall enough to stand and shoot.

I am 6'2" andshoot a 38 ATA bow and can stand shooting...

The best is it was only $150 to my door shipped.:eek:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GoingII said:
I just got a Yukon Tracks Enforcer I think the model is. I got it from Dick's online.

The spec's are 70x70 90" hub to hub and it is tall enough to stand and shoot.

I am 6'2" andshoot a 38 ATA bow and can stand shooting...

The best is it was only $150 to my door shipped.:eek:
can you give me a link?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
link for yukon tracks

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...292683&parentPage=family&searchId=18603165962

Here is the link for the yukon tracks blind at Dicks...It is big enough for me at 6'2" and 265lbs and my 7 year old to sit next to each other and I can stand and shoot if I want...Great blind for the money....Never saw a Double Bull but after seeing this it must be made of gold because I think you would be hard pressed to find a better quality blind

1 - 14 of 14 Posts