Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with the Cabelas Legacy Fleece? It has wind stop and a scent control lining. Looks really good for the $. Just wanting to hear from some personal experieces.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I haven't used it myself yet( thinking about it) but I have heard good things about the legacy fleece.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I just ordered the Cabela's Legacy Fleece™ Liner Pants with WindShear / ScentEliminator™ as a second layer in cold temps (along with a bunch of other things). Will evalute it in a few days and let you know what I think! ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm in the same boat with several of you. I've looked at it a couple of times, and it seems to be good clothing for a reasonable price. Maybe Bowhunter NJ can give us more info when he gets his shopment. I'm thinking of buying one of the pullover jackets.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
I have the unlined pants and they are awesome. Been using them for over a year now. Before that I stocked up on the discontinued fleece Cabelas sold, which was nice also.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Legacy Fleece

I evaluated the fleece against the Silent Suede last year and went with the Silent Suede for a few reasons. One, the SS is much smoother and didn't want to catch on branches/criars/whatever. The SS was lighter than the fleece for comparably insulated clothing IMO. I do have the Legacy Fleece liner pants and they work well! My 2 cents........

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
buckslayerII said:
I evaluated the fleece against the Silent Suede last year and went with the Silent Suede for a few reasons. One, the SS is much smoother and didn't want to catch on branches/criars/whatever. The SS was lighter than the fleece for comparably insulated clothing IMO. I do have the Legacy Fleece liner pants and they work well! My 2 cents........
Really depends on what you are doing. Every time a branch slaps the silent suede, it makes a popping noise. It is really loud, especially if you are use to fleece and wool. Alot of materials do this though, except fleece and wool. If you are tracking or stalking game, your best bet is some kind fleece or wool. Treestand hunting, the suede is nice and it does shed water/burrs well.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Yup, need that review!! I'm getting ready to order the 1/4 zip pullover and the pants, both with the Windstopper lining.

Looking forward to hearing how you like it!

... Crayfish

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ttt

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've got 2 of the Legacy Fleece pull-overs and love them..Very warm, very light , and very quiet..Personally I don't think you could do much better for the money..Good Luck!!! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
657 Posts
Legacy fleece is very good. Quiet, dries quickly. In case you need extra layers for cold temps, it is ready to go.
Vodekz :D

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttt

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ttt

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Brino:

I got my Legacy Fleece Liner Pants with Windshear in the other day. I really do like them, very nice material, not too bulky, excellent layering garment.

The only semi downside was the length and stretch factor that would be experienced in climbing trees (i.e. lifting your leg to mid chest to climb). This is common in almost all garments, so I don't find the Legacy Fleece Liner Pants to be majorly effected by it.

I am 6'1" and about 210 currently (man I need to trim a few pounds), and tend to take very large steps when climbing a tree. So this may not be a problem for the average user of the pants.

Quality seems very good, but if you are going to layer underneath these liner pants, then I'd definitely recommended sizing up a bit. I am around a 38 waist right now, and I sized up to 40 to allow for some layering. It was OK, comfortable and I could get away with it, but I sent them back for a 42 to have a good amount of room. They have draw straps on each side so you can really trim down the waist if you need to. I wasn't using that at all with the 40s, so I decided to size up again. We'll see how they fit when they get in.

These liner pants also come with stirrups (like baseball pants) to prevent slidding up and down. Nice added feature.

They are a little tight around the ankle when getting them on, not overly so, but definitely snug. I wouldn't call them uncomfortable though.

Overall, nice garment, definitely warm with the Windshear in it. Not overly heavy, seems like a solid layering pant liner for cold weather or even as a nice layer when the temps drop but you still want to wear a lighter outfit. Not noisy or heavy at all, despite the Windshear which tends to be notoriously scratchy and heavy.

Thus far, I like them, but they still need a field test before I'm completely sold. Although, I don't suspect having any warmth issues with them! ;)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks for the info, BowhunterNJ. I placed my order last night for the 1/4 zip pullover and cargo pants, both with Windshear lining. I was glad to see your report before spending the cash!

I was really torn between getting the liner pants and the cargo pants, especially since the liners are $20 cheaper right now on sale. I think I will tend to wear these more as the outer layer than as a middle layer so I decided to get the regular pants. I was afraid too much junk would end up in my boots all the time if I tried to wear the liner pants as an outer layer! Hopefully the cargos won't be too bulky if/when I do wear them under my bibs.

Thanks again ... Crayfish

1 - 17 of 17 Posts