Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was given a pair of Steiner Pro Predators recently(birthday).Instant focus type....they are outstandingly clear and crisp in the open country,but take them into the thick brush and woods :thumbs_do your eyes have a hell of a time looking through one thing to see another.
"You can't see the forest for the trees"!

I figured I better get something I'm happy with!
We stopped by Cabelas on our way out of town.
They weren't open yet!!!!!!!!
It's opening weekend of deer and elk and the Worlds Foremost Outfitter doesn't open until 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Man we're gonna be on the hill mightly late if we wait!

I know the importance of good,comfortable glass,so we wait!

To make a long story short(er) I found a pair I'm happy with.
Cabelas full sized 10x42 Alaskan Guide.

My question is....
Who builds them for Cabelas?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe they are made by bushnell. I know the cabelas range finder is made by bushnell.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,401 Posts
Meopta makes their Euro binos, but I have no idea who makes their Alaskan Guide binos.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
the guy at the optics counter there said the cabelas label stuff are hit or miss so make sure you open up the box and check them out really well before you buy them. He said just stick w/ a known brand....I went w/ some Leupolds on his advice and they are great for the money.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Just my personal opinion but I believe 10X is too much power for an in the woods binocular. I like the 7X Adams Edition that Bushnell puts out.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I was given a pair of Steiner Pro Predators recently(birthday).Instant focus type....they are outstandingly clear and crisp in the open country,but take them into the thick brush and woods :thumbs_do your eyes have a hell of a time looking through one thing to see another.
"You can't see the forest for the trees"!

I figured I better get something I'm happy with!
We stopped by Cabelas on our way out of town.
They weren't open yet!!!!!!!!
It's opening weekend of deer and elk and the Worlds Foremost Outfitter doesn't open until 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Man we're gonna be on the hill mightly late if we wait!

I know the importance of good,comfortable glass,so we wait!

To make a long story short(er) I found a pair I'm happy with.
Cabelas full sized 10x42 Alaskan Guide.

My question is....
Who builds them for Cabelas?

your gonna love em. i have the 8X42 and they are the best glass i have ever used and with the lifetime guarantee you cant beat them..

Tony

·
faller downer
2,654 Posts
Had that very question about one of their higher end AG rifle scopes .. Customer service/ product adviser told me that they were not allowed to say.. after looking them over and comparing & Warranties . I went with a leupold

·
Feedn The Geese
12,525 Posts
look around online, i bought a 8x32 pair of leuopold binos never in the field for $45

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Update:
Thanks guys!
10 is alot of power I would have never recommeded it in the past.....I will now,but only if it's very good quality!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts