Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried one of the cabelas trail cams? I've been looking at them and they look pretty good. Around 4 star reviews. Wondering if anyone on here has personally tried them

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I have 2 of them. Beautiful daytime pics. Black IR pics aren't the greatest. I'd buy another. With lithium batteries I got almost a year to the day out of them.

·
Ad Meliora
16,814 Posts
All the nighttime pics I've see have been subpar.

Not sure how many pics on batts....one person may get in a year what another gets in a month.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Most brands have issues with night time pictures or videos, whether flash distance, grainy or whiteouts. Especially black flash type game cameras high end & mid priced they all seem to not be great but for some just the ability to see a buck and know how many points is okay for some of us. And most brands tweak their products each year and some are not better from what they had the previous year. I have not owned any Cabela's but might be worth a try. The Game Camera Industry is lack good R&D, quality assembly and changes effect this like leaking cases, latches breaking, out of focus, non view pictures and so on. From what Users have post might be worth trying one maybe their black flash model as to not spook the animal or take notice of the camera and avoid it. But again some want great day and night pictures and you won't get both it is just the nature of how they are built unless you pay a lot and want black flash and video and that is a lot for 150.00 or so priced game camera. Just be aware you can get a bad one it is just how electronics work bad out of the box or 6 month's down the road. Only had so far with no issues... And they are not available any more otherwise I would have bought more.

LFM

·
Registered
638 Posts
Got 2 of them 2 weeks ago when they were on sale (still are I think) and were 10% off with free shipping
So far they are great, great daytime pics and good nighttime pics, I will buy some more, yep still on sale

1 - 8 of 8 Posts