Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently broke a draw module on my Parker Phoenix 32. Parker is sending me a replacement cable, but they did not mention a string. Do I have to replace the string and cable on my single cam bow, if the string is still in good shape?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
String age

String is at least 3 years old, but in good shape. I think I will try to replace both, but I will have to wait longer for a string go come in. Deer season opens august 15th, so I want to be sure to break the bow in and get the sights dialed in prior to the season. If the string is unavailable nearby, I still want to know if accuracy or safety are at risk.

My bow has 70# limbs but I can only get 60# with the current string. I am still getting 275 fps and hitting accurately with the current string that was undamaged in the incident.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to a Parker rep this morning. He said changing the string with the cable is not necessary as long as the string is undamaged. I need to see how long I will have to wait for a string, but I may replace the cable and draw module for now. Then I can shoot until the string gets in.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Somewhere I read that changing the string every 2 years is common. Probably from a string maker. I usually don't keep a bow that long (gaget guy) so I don't worry about it. A close friend of mine changes his about every 8 years, and the string looks pretty ratty at this point. By year 6 I don't like to shoot with him, don't want to be first responder in case the string lets loose.

If your string looks good and the end serving is fine, then you should be just right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts