Archery Talk Forum banner

Cable slide being cut

1195 Views 36 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Jjh1982
Mainstring on the bear adapt is cutting my cable slide. What is the problem? I ordered a new cable slide so I'm going to do it right this time around.

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Get you cables served to protect them & your slide.
I bought a saunders hyperglide, so hopefully that helps
Reactions: 4
Still need cables served to protect slide & your cables. Looks like you may need to replace cables also as looks like are worn from the slide.
It's hard to make out from the photo but it looks like that's just wax buildup to me. Honestly I wouldn't be too bothered by this if the bow is still shooting fine.
Horrible idea for this type of slide. Serving would create a non-smooth surface, creating more wear and making noise, it also would never last. If the string was on a roller/pulley, then it would help.
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Still need cables served to protect slide & your cables. Looks like you may need to replace cables also as looks like are worn from the slide.
No, cables are fine. Have just purchased them from twisted x. Why wouldn't the custom strings come with that anyway then? Figured they would do that if it was best
Some do & some don't & if they don't I would NEVER buy from them. I have hardly any experience only been shooting since 59, worked in MFG. compound bows for 25 years, so you can do as you want seeing it is YOUR bow. Good luck with your archery.
I bought a saunders hyperglide, so hopefully that helps
that will take care of it
Horrible idea for this type of slide. Serving would create a non-smooth surface, creating more wear and making noise, it also would never last. If the string was on a roller/pulley, then it would help.
Agreed. Thanks
Reactions: 1
that will take care of it
Do you have experience with it?
Some do & some don't & if they don't I would NEVER buy from them. I have hardly any experience only been shooting since 59, worked in MFG. compound bows for 25 years, so you can do as you want seeing it is YOUR bow. Good luck with your archery.
Alright, thanks for your time
ive got 2 of them .been on my bows for a few years they are good slides
Reactions: 2
ive got 2 of them .been on my bows for a few years they are good slides
Sweet bro, thanks for that
The Saunders Slide is pretty much the first "upgrade" we recommend for every Bear (or any other bow with a cable slide) we sell.
The Saunders Slide is pretty much the first "upgrade" we recommend for every Bear (or any other bow with a cable slide) we sell.
Sweet, thanks. I have recently shimmed my top and bottom cams to make the bow tune. Is that why my slide has done that. Will it mess with my tuning once I put the Saunders on
Sweet, thanks. I have recently shimmed my top and bottom cams to make the bow tune. Is that why my slide has done that. Will it mess with my tuning once I put the Saunders on
Strange. I have been selling Bear bows and working on them for close to 20 years and I have never had to shim the cams to get one to tune. A twist in our out of a a yoke and setting timing generally does the trick.
Reactions: 2
Strange. I have been selling Bear bows and working on them for close to 20 years and I have necer had to shim the cams to get one to tune. A twist in our out of a a yoke and setting timing generally does the trick.
I have taken it to three different shops and they all said it needed shimmed. Do you have a shop. If so, where?
I have taken it to three different shops and they all said it needed shimmed. Do you have a shop. If so, where?
It is the bear adapt. It shoots just fine now. Just wondering about the slide if it will effect it.
A new one is 10.99. I purchased a new one and it helped making less noise and my cables didn't wear. Try to see if you can get your cables not served in that area. Serving gets hot after shooting strings do not.
  • Angry
1 - 20 of 37 Posts