Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to switch the cable slide on my new 2012 answer to a GOOD quality aftermarket slide. I have shot the bow very little with no problems, but have read that this may be causing some of the wear on the strings. I was thinking about a Teflon slide, but I don't want white. What are you using and do you see and wear around your slide if you are using the factory one? I did take some real fine sand paper and scotch Brite pad and smooth my factory one in the grooves. Also, would a Sims damper, like on the 2012 string stop, be worth investing and placing on the cable slide bar?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I did some testing last year with a hand full of cable slides that I had on my bench. Granted I didnt try them out on an Elite but I wanted to see how much of a difference each one had as far as sound, speed and feel. I tried everything from pure white teflon to the saunders . None of them made any increases in speed according to my chrono, but two of them did seem to help with sound and feel.....................the basic Hoyt style, and the good qaulity white teflon. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Bomar works pretty good and is black. The new elite slide is tough looking too. It is supposedly an upgrade from the old one too.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The one thing that surprised me about the Hyper Glide when I used it was that I had wear marks develope on the back side of the rod in a very short period of time. The Hoyt slides on the other hand show no wear at all plus cable wear has been at a minimum. I dont relate this to the material that the slide is made from but more to the design of how its made.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Saunders Hyperglide works fine. I bought my 2012 from Breathrn with his string and he had installed the Saunders. I now have a 2013 Answer and Pulse and the Saunders is on both. No issues at all. Both bows shoot darts

·
" shoot um"
1,091 Posts
get you a bearfoot archery cable guard and bomar slide. you want have worry torque and wear on strings anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts