Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a nightmare. Last weekend I had my bow all dialed in for the opening of archery season. Well went out last monday and shot and noticed that my arrows were hitting 2 inches low. Moved my sight down and got it back where I wanted it. Shot all last week and everything was good. I go out yesterday and shoot and my arrows are 4 inches low! Checked my ata and the cable had stretched 3/16 of an inch.Took it into the shop and my poundage was still right at 70 but when I drew back the shop guy noticed my arrow pointing way down. He said that with the cable streching like that, that it probably thru off my drop away timing on my rest. So now 4days before season opener I had him order a winners choice cable that won't be here for another week. I am so sick of whenever a string or cable on a mathews stretches that it throws everything off so much. Next year I am definately thinking about a hoyt or a bowtech. I heard that stretching does'nt effect them as much.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Its allways a good Idea to replace the strings and cables at the same time. That string is made the same way and is gonna cause you more problems. Just my opinion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts