Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow is a little long on the ATA, so Im thinkin I should probably twist the cable up a little (then obviously the string to keep it in time) and get it in spec, but my question is: If I twist the string, is it going to move my nock point? I would assume it would, but is there a trick to doing it so it does not move, like adding half the twists to the other side or something?? (it shoots perfect where it is now, and I hate having to move it).

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
How long? If its just a little long and its tuning fine and shooting good dont do anything. Just my opinion

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long? If its just a little long and its tuning fine and shooting good dont do anything. Just my opinion
Yeah I guess it really isnt that long, only about 1/16-1/8" long. I havent got to put in on a scale yet to see if Im getting the max poundage out of it..It really isnt a huge deal, but I figured if I could do it without screwing up the tuning, I would..

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I was kinda in the same boat the other week as I changed my strings and cables. I got everything where I want it and tied in my drop away cord. I threw it on the scale and my bow maxes out at 59 1/2lbs. I want it at 61 or 62 but Im not about to go and undo what I already did. If I knew what to do for sure and wouldnt need to spend hours getting it back in time I would but Im a rookie when it comes to bow tuning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts