Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Is it common to have your cables in the sight picture? I have a 2015 Obsession Evolution with a single pin HHA sight. While at full draw the cables are in the sight picture but not in the way of the pin. It's annoying but not necessarily problematic...except it seems that the fletching could be touching the cables on the way by. Is this something that can/needs to be changed?

·
Kung fu master/Wizard
2,730 Posts
Some bows are like that. Not a big deal if you can get used to it.

If the fetching is hitting the cable that is a problem. If you have a drop away you can probably just spin the Nock a little.

Use powder athletes foot spray on the vanes to see if your getting contact

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
If you can see your cables in your field of view then you're not looking at your target... :) Definitely make sure clearance isn't an issue though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the exact same bow and had the same problems. I the sight picture didn't bother me after I learned to focus on the target and not the pin (i also shoot single pin) however the fletching was a different story. I had to use lower profile 3in vanes to get clearance but that's because I shoot a whisker biscuit. If you shoot a drop away then I would do as advised and just rotate the nock.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Its because the cable slide is angled to reduce side torque at full draw. When you shoot the cables move back out of the way. If you have fletching contact your center shot is not correct or you may have to shim the cams over.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I was going for peep moved up a commoon thing forgot the flex guard

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure I'll get used to ignoring it the cables. I already have 3 inch vanes so I'll probably be ok clearance wise, but I'll just rotate them anyway as I use a drop away. Thanks all!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts