Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On opening day my father and I setup on some private property that I have access to. After setting up on an edge of an open field we called in 2 toms to the other edge of the field about 50yds out. The toms would only come in to the edge and would not come out into the field. They would come to the edge, stop and then start walking away. We would call again and they would come back to the edge. After 2 hrs of back and forth, they turned away and walked off for good. I left my father and tried to circle around them to see if I could push them to him while he continued to call. I was not able to cut them off but able to catch up to them. I then stalked up to 40yds of one but could only see his head. So I put a tree in between us and cut the distance. After I got to about 20yds he poked his head around and saw me and began to run. He stopped just around 55yds to turn back and see what was chasing him. Texas heart shot had my first bow turkey down in 10yds.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Nice job, we still have almost three weeks here in Mo. before the season starts, you're making it harder to wait.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Was so much fun. Can't wait till next week when I go out again

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
CONGRATS on the Gobbler!!!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Sounds like you made an awesome shot on that bird, congratulations!

We got skunked up here opening weekend in Nor Cal, I missed one at 40 yards with just the top of his breast and neck sticking up over a rise. Weather has made it tough, I'll be after them tomorrow and Saturday

Best of Luck,
Jeff (AT Sponsor)
www.elkmtngear.com

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Up in the D6 area. Lots of nice birds up there

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds like you made an awesome shot on that bird, congratulations!

We got skunked up here opening weekend in Nor Cal, I missed one at 40 yards with just the top of his breast and neck sticking up over a rise. Weather has made it tough, I'll be after them tomorrow and Saturday

Best of Luck,
Jeff (AT Sponsor)
www.elkmtngear.com
Thank you. It was acutally a kinda lucky shot as I was aiming a little higher and did not have a chance to range before shot. I am thinking he was a bit farther than my 55yrd estimate. Good luck on your hunt next week!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts