Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
first of all, quit calling. stand up and yell a lot, which hopefully will make him realize his mistake.

if that doesnt work, i hope you brought a pistol.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I suppose the best thing to do, assuming that he has already seen you, would be to stand your ground and hope he isn’t interested in eating you and moves on. Then head back to camp for a clean pair of shorts.

If he hasn’t seen you, you could try and sneak away in the opposite direction. Then head back to camp for a clean pair of shorts.

What would I do? If he got to close for comfort (which would be about a half a second after I saw him) I’d probably try and kill him before he had the chance figure out if I'm an elk or not. Then head back to camp for a clean pair of shorts… :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
bear spray has it's place, you use it right after you trigger your release. game wardens like to know you at least tried to scare it away. :)

·
Registered
999 Posts
Definately don't run away. Stand and make yourself visible, try to look big but non threatening, talk in a low even tone, and get the bear spray ready. Then back away slowly...and go get a clean pair of shorts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.