Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard the donuts, the bacon grease, the propane, the secrete bear crack mixture, and even dry dog food. But in your guys opinion what is the best bear bait?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like it. If I get board I can eat it too. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Dead horse or other large carcass.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Honey is bear's all-natural crack! They love it, and will scarf it down before filling their guts with food on the bait station. Beaver is another great bait, a bear delicacy...

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had good luck this year with beef fat, fish skins and scraps, and pastries, all topped off with molasses and fryer grease.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it. I will shoot a horse, pour honey all over it, top it off with a donut, and put a beaver on to of the donut. Now I just need to get fish and game to buy off on the whole baiting thing. Keep the secrets coming guys. :cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
I got it. I will shoot a horse, pour honey all over it, top it off with a donut, and put a beaver on to of the donut. Now I just need to get fish and game to buy off on the whole baiting thing. Keep the secrets coming guys. :cheers::cheers:
now thats funny:)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

Make sure the donuts are Bearclaws.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,682 Posts
I have used most of what was listed above. I also would use scraps from a resturant.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like any stinky old food will work, or an ex-wife holding stinky food.

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
All the above sounds great. Save your money and just get a 55 lbs. bag of sweet feed.
Then add 2 packages of grape jello & a 6 pack of beer & let it sour. They will find it in no time flat.

·
Guipago
3,090 Posts
Whatever you put out, sprinkle strawberry jello powder all over it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
circus peanuts donuts and dump molases all over it is my favorite and we never have problems with bears finding our baits

1 - 20 of 36 Posts