Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the proper way to use a fawn in destress call. how long do you blow, how long do you call, and is it still early enough. ive herd some comments that say it messes with does maternal instinct and that some people have them running in. ive tried it a couple of times and either im not doing it right or the does in the area are not very good mothers:confused:

·
Registered
707 Posts
does

My good friend has had enormous amounts of luck with fawn bleat/ screaming,long and hard, Need to be plenty of does with fawn/yearlings in the immediate area. Should not be too late our season opens this Saturday. good luck

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rmucken1 said:
whats the proper way to use a fawn in destress call. how long do you blow, how long do you call, and is it still early enough. ive herd some comments that say it messes with does maternal instinct and that some people have them running in. ive tried it a couple of times and either im not doing it right or the does in the area are not very good mothers:confused:
I found this:
http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/sound_links.htm

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that one was good. i was trying the other but it didnt work. does the sound immitate a fawn fending for it life or being lost.

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
What is the name of the one you bite and and it has the rubber bands in the middle??? I just orderd some for the shop and I when they come I will tell you what they are for sure. I lost mine and have used it for years to stop mule deer in their tracks on numerous occasions. I have yet to really try it on whitetails but I am going to try it on the does this weekend. there are several running around with young ones and I want to see how they all respond. I need them a little closer to the blind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts