Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell the difference between the 75% and the 65% let off modules on the new bows.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
If it's a camo bow, the high let off modules are green in color, and the low let off modules are black.

·
Registered
644 Posts
IMO stick to the 75% modules. I have a set of 65's and didn't like the way the felt. Sped up the bow considerably, but didn't like the fight with the bow, it always won,lol.
I think they are for the #2 cam, if you want them drop me a address and I will send you them!Free!

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt, what is the big difference? I am looking for some opinions on the swap. Any input is appreciated from all. Is there no valley, or is it just very short? Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
I shoot a RazorTec, when I bought it it had 75% modules, it now has 65% modules and if Hoyt made 55% modules it would most likely have those.
I have noticed no change in the valley on my bow since the change, there was and is now only a slight valley. I like it that way, shoot from the wall.
In my opinion, the bow is much more stable at 65% than at 75%, hence my statement of wanting 55% let-off.
My bow is setup at 68 lbs, at 75% you hold 17 lbs, at 65% / 24 lbs, and at 55% you would be holding 30 lbs.

I have friends who shoot 75% on their bows, then shoot mine and say "I think it's more solid" but I don't want to hold that much weight.

Ok, but I do and it makes me shoot better so I will.

·
Lefty Senior Member
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jave, Thanks that is what I am wondering about. I am looking at a swap for a cam .5 Protec and am thinking about swapping my other 02 cams for the cam .5. If anyone has 65% mods for a #4 cam let me know.

Sean

·
Registered
644 Posts
I haven't been home yet this weekend to see if they are for # 4 or #2 cams, I assume they are #2's but I will check.Me personally it felt like it had a very short wall and with my back tension release it made it too difficult to shoot consitently. Just my shooting I'm sure and I know a lot of coaches say to shoot the min let off for back tension's but for me it didn't work. Best thing is try it. If my mod's will fit your cams I'll send you them. If not they are only like 15-20 a set! Matt

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
Archermatt: give the 65% some time. When I first got my UT they had the 75% on them. I shot with it for 2 weeks until my 65% modules came in. I put the 65% on the bow, shot 5 arrows and took them right off! Way too aggressive! Anyway, after a week or so I put them back on, lowered my poundage a few pounds and shot them for a few days. Now I am shooting the bow better than ever, nice tight groups, very steady hold, explosive release, good follow through...much better than I ever had with the 75% LO. It just takes a while to get the back muscles use to the lower let-off.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I gave them a 2nd and 3rd and 4th try,lol. Hoping I could get used to them, just not for me. With my short draw I aslo have to shoot some poundage for my arrows to fly at ASA speeds, so it ended up working out for me even though initially I'm drawing a few more pounds.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Approximately how much speed could be gained by switching to the 65% modules? And how do you know which cam # you have?
I am looking to get more speed out of my bow without dropping arrow weight. I am currently shooting 233fps with 410gr. arrows out of an 03 MT Sport maxed out at 63# with a 28" draw.

·
Registered
644 Posts
They ship with 75% unless you order it with 65%. Speed difference is 6+ fps. I noticed almost 8 with my setup, and was able to drop about 5 lbs of weight to get the same speed as the 75's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts