Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello!

in couple of weeks now, i paied attention how forgiving are c.5! and i think they aren't abd they punish every mistake i make! last year a had PSE Thunderbolt with maxis HL cams and it was more forgiving bow!!!!

What all so c.5 users think about that?

·
Urban Archery
3,814 Posts
What model Hoyt are you using?
My wife's Cam 1/2 XT2000 Protec is far more forgiving than her UltraTec LX Pro Command cam bow was.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Try not to make as many mistakes.;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Avoid shooting-errors so you need no forgiving;)
99.5% errors are caused by the man behind the bow!
I had some weeks to get used to the ProTecs 03's grip.

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
If you want forgiving get a large brace height bow with wheels.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 03' Ultratec with c.5, with XT2000 limbs... ...set at 55#, 29 1/4", the BH is 7 1/4".

i know that i don't have a perfect form and aiming.... ...yesteday i was shoting 70m on fita target and there were so round that i hit x, x, 10, 10, 9, 7 -> or something like that!!!!

whwn i'm shooting i know where the arrow hit before i look through teh binoculars -> when i make a good shoot it should be 10 or X... ...but sometimes i know i've made a good shot but than i see that i hit 7 or 8 :(

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
I have fought all year with my Hoyt RazorTec and have yet to figure out what the problem is. The shots feel perfect but the accuracy just isn't there. I can pick up any one of my other bows and shoot it perfecty. I've had the bow checked out at the shop and still no reason as to why it just won't work well for me. It has frustrated me to the point that I am selling the RazorTec. The bow is tuned great, the ZE rest works perfect but the accuracy just isn't there like with my other bows.

·
Registered
286 Posts
my suggestion is to look at your arrows...my experience was as yours yet when i changed the nocks on my arrows i increased my accuracy tremedously. it was the only thing that was left to check. my point is that it might be something simple.

my pro shop suggested this and it worked.

definitely wasn't my idea as i directed my frustration towards the bow.

good luck.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Treestandsnyper...You are the first I have heard to have problems with the Razortec accuracy. I have one and the thing is a tack driver. On an NFAA 5 spot target I can keep them all in the 10 ring at 50 yards....unless I botch the shot.

Just because your bow paper tunes correctly does not mean that is the be all end all of your tuning. Paper is just a start. I normally group tune after that.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I was wondering what is the need for paper tuning where you fine tune your nocking point and arrowrest so much so that you get a perfect hole, and in the end you group tune, doing trial and error shift on your nocking point and arrowrest, which in the end also kills the bullet hole where it's so finely done during paper funing. Can anyone tell me whats the point of paper tuning?

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
I do believe the Hoyt bows are fine shooting bows...BUT, I just don't shoot the RazorTec anywhere near as good as the other bows I own. It's obviously something myself and the guys at the shop are missing though. We did group tune it and all was fine, I'm just not as consistant with the RazorTec like the other bows I have. I am thinking of tweaking the draw length a bit and adding a longer/heavier stabilizer set-up like I have on my Q2. Any other suggestions you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

octopus... ...my bad hits are usually high! why?

i found out that i might have a little week arrows... ...i have ACE 400 with 110gr point X-wings (spin wings made by Sitar) and pin nocks! last week i was on competition (FITA 2x70m) and i made a robin hood. so i destroyed one arrow and aoly 6 left.... ...so i bought 3 extra. a shot all them on 30, 50 and 70 meters (fletched and unfleched) and the unfletched was hitting 2" to the left! is the week arrow?

tomorrow i'll retune my bow and see if it helps! i'll let you know!

·
registered
1,028 Posts
What is the distance from the riser to the arrow center? I know that some archers have posted this measurement, so there is information available on that. There has also been quite a bit written about both cams hitting their stop at the same time in order for consistency. Also, are you sure that you don't have any fletching contact on either the riser or the rest?

Good luck

·
Registered
110 Posts
i just got a cyber tec cam.5 last week it's not set up yet i just put on a rest for a few shot;'s it hold's great nice and soild 65%let of can't wait for my trophytaker to come so i can hunt with it ...matt

·
Bonehunter
8,843 Posts
I love my Ultratec - shoots great and is very forgiving , but I'm not shooting 70 meters:D

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hoytusa84,
Your observations match what I have found. Really there is no sense trying to get a perfect hole in paper. Just use it to get yourself close then go to the range and group tune. Once you are done then check your paper tear and I bet you end up with the nock slightly high and left (for a right handed shooter).

Does anyone else agree with this observation?

Targetnut

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oh yea that is not what hoyt say's , I guess that is why I listen to Mathews, have you not seen there ads, lol

Buy a LX

1 - 20 of 79 Posts