Archery Talk Forum banner

Cam&1/2 plus to C2 swap. Need a little help.

443 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  outback jack
I was wondering for anyone that has swapped an X7 over or ordered one from the custom shop what cam will I need to get a 28" draw. Also what did it do to your poundage? Was the speed difference worth the trouble to change it over or would you just keep the cam&1/2 plus. I was thinking about getting another new bow this year but I believe I'll just try this change over instead if I can get it figured out.:confused:
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
165 Posts
i've got an x7 with c2 cams. 27.5 DL with 2.5 cams, 60# (the bow was ordered from hoyt this way). for 28 DL, i'd assume you need 3.0 cams. i don't know my limb deflection numbers, though. i'm sure you could call up hoyt and ask them what would happen to the poundage if you made the switch.

· Registered
2,225 Posts
It will gain #10lb of draw weight. I swapped my 737 and to tell you the truth I prefer the cam.5+ I think it has a better wall. I then went to Spirals and thats another story picked up a ton of speed the wall is as solid as it gets and my draw weight stayed about the same. I am staying with the Spirals on my bow.

· bowaholic
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I talked to Hoyt yesterday and they said I probably have 120 def. limbs and that my # would go up. I don't really like the idea of buying new limbs and cams so I may just have to sell it and get a new vantage pro with spiral X's.:tongue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.