Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who thinks that Hoyts cam and 1/2 is the most significant technology to hit the market this year over all other manufacture's changes. Especially if you shot the older dual cam set ups.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
significant technology to hit the market this year....
Without giving credit to Darton's years of the CPS cam system before Hoyt came out with their version, I would say no. I do think that since they are a much larger market share than Darton that the C1.5 will push the trend in that direction faster though.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
It seems that all they did was come up with a cam geometry that is insensitive to things like creep and thermal stretch. Any bow manufacturer can modify their cams to do that with almost any cam shape - you just have to do the math to figure out how to place your tracks.

Don't get me wrong - the Cam & 1/2 is pretty nice work that the Hoyt engineers should be proud of. It just isn't "earth shattering."

Scott

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
The most earth shattering thing, would have to be V-Lock limb pockets!:D Innovation after innovation after innovation!:p WOW! LOL Sorry couldn't help it.:eek: Besides, Matt "invented" Cam.5 technology and found it "inferior", so it's gotta be junk.:( Slowlm cam slam forever!;) NOT:p

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hollowpoint10 said:
The most earth shattering thing, would have to be V-Lock limb pockets!:D Innovation after innovation after innovation!:p WOW! LOL Sorry couldn't help it.:eek: Besides, Matt "invented" Cam.5 technology and found it "inferior", so it's gotta be junk.:( Slowlm cam slam forever!;) NOT:p
You crack me up:D I'm starting to think you dont prefer Mathews?!?!?!? Let me guess you shoot a Huhhh...Huhhh...Huhhh...HOYT. Well let's see here, Mathews has several cams to choose from on several bows, with several options and Huhhh...Huhhh...Huhhh...HOYT has what???:D:D:D:

All in good fun my friend:cool:......All in good fun.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
well i shoot both a ProTec for target and a Razortec for hunting. both have the Cam and a half on them and while i love the rock hard wall and the forgivness of the new cams on Hoyts bows .

i would have to think about it being the most significant technology on the market . its been around for a while from what i see its just that nobody marketed it better than Hoyt.

as for the slam on Hoyt not having a lot of cams to choose from , How many cams do you need ?
as of now they have 3 cams available for there bows . there is the Cam .5 , the Spiral Cam .5 and Accu wheels . these should cover all that an archer could want , what else do you need?
speed , accuracy and forgivness thats all i need .

Shoot Strong
Tony

·
Registered
10,685 Posts
I like the Bandaid cams best.

I still believe the Bandaid cams are best! :D

Sag.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
LOL

Shooter Mike said:
You crack me up:D I'm starting to think you dont prefer Mathews?!?!?!? Let me guess you shoot a Huhhh...Huhhh...Huhhh...HOYT. Well let's see here, Mathews has several cams to choose from on several bows, with several options and Huhhh...Huhhh...Huhhh...HOYT has what???:D:D:D:

All in good fun my friend:cool:......All in good fun.
Mike, do you have ESP?:p WOW, I can't believe you figured me out.:D I do shoot an 02 pro-tec (dual cam) and I wish Hoyt still offered dobles.:( My oldest son shoots a Mathews and my wife shoots a single cam PSE. My back up is a 2 cam PSE. We have not ever had any problems with any of them.:) I prefer dual cams though, you got me.:eek:

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
If you said cps or merlins omega which is a faithfull duplication of the system , but hoyt is like a lopesided 2 cam system , very much diferant than the other two .

·
Banned
843 Posts
Jimmy,looks can be decieving. Hoyt has a liscensing agreement from Darton for an undisclosed sum per bow with 1.5 cams ,Hoyt pays Darton. Its a documented fact.Dr.'s diagnosis for the 1cam market,"you have 1 yr. to live,maybe 2".

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
while it's true that hoyt is paying ryalties to darton it's my understanding that darton has improved the cps sysytem for 2004 and the new avalanche looks like a lot of the other high tech bows and i am glad to see it. i have shot several of the cam.5 and found them to be good shooters but my expierence with twin cams has been limited except for a few bows i owned who had the soft round cams. the cam.5 is the newest twin i have shot. good idea for sure
rob k

·
Registered
505 Posts
cam 1.5 poll

I'd say that the cam and 1/2's have only a couple years left and will be left in the dirt long before good 1 cams see the back of the gun cabinet. SQ

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
One cams are already seeing the back of the gun cabinet.

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
Darton sure is burning up all the tournaments this year aren't they.

These Darton shooters are starting to sound like Mathews whinners. Have you seen there new ad? They forgot to mention that their bows are slower and louder and have more recoil. Plus the wall feels like a sponge.

MAD: Don't be. Just like others tried in the past to make a single cam and didn't get it right until Mathews did it. The same thing happened to Darton. Hoyt made it better. Stop crying about it and show everyone HOW GOOD YOUR DARTON IS. Do you hear Hoyt crying to Merlin? Their new cams sure do look alot like the cam & 1/2.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I don't think the success of the 2003 Hoyts can be put down to just the introduction of the C.5.

I think the C.5 is great but the Hoyt have been continually improving their product. I thought the 2002 range was a significant improvement over 2001. The shorter limbs and longer risers made for a better shooting bow. This year with the C.5 and narrower grip a good product got a lot better. They are quieter and faster than before and looking at their successes in marked ditance events (including all the recent FITA world records) you would have to say more accurate.

While other companies may have the C.5 on their bows that alone is not enough. Just look at how many single cam bows out there that are dogs to shoot.

Tec risers have also been used by bow companies other than Hoyt but have not continued with them. Even one of greatest designers of modern compounds decided not to develop the C.5. Darton have not dominated the market with their version of the C.5.
Its the total engineering package. Hoyt have worked for several years to come up with the best bow range available at the moment.

·
Registered
34,167 Posts
Rugby

You hit the nail on the head. How many others tried split limbs without success? Everyone just likes to bash Hoyt. Noone is "really bashes" like Mathews does. We are just trying to get Mathews and I guess now Darton too, to open there eyes and see that it isn't just the cam it is the hole package.

·
Registered
130 Posts
With all the ads comparing cams systems between different bows, ect. did anyone every read that Hoyt is paying Darton for the patent on the cam? From what I have heard Hoyt and Darton is paying someone else who designed it. I don't remember the name though.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts