Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I know I am cutting hairs but I like to tinker and to acheive optimal performance.(even though I am not). Anyways the cables are in the marks but I would like to acheive them centered in the marks like when it was new. The top cam the cable is just within the outside line.(or bottom line when positioned in a press. Also the bottom cam cable is just within the inside line. I tried to twist both cables and the string with no success. I tried them all one at a time and gave it a twist, if wrong or no change put it back. I also tried taking twists out no solution. I can get one perfect but the other gets worse. I think it is such a small adj. that it is not acheivable with a 1/2 twist to the strings and cables(but I may be wrong) I am now back to the original setup, seems to be the best.
If anyone has a chart or made one like darton has posted to acheive the optimal performance please post.

Thanks
Douglas

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hasn't anyone messed with there setup and acheived the perfect position? Or is it impossible, so just keep it in the lines?

·
Registered
9,749 Posts
I just have mine between the marks - but perfectly syncronised at full draw, but you can make finer adjustments by twisting the yoke instead of the cable itself.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just make sure they are with in the marks. Most importantly I "time" the cams to make sure they are stopping together. No problems tuning these. I have found that tuning this cam is very easy with my broadheads. I found that the lightest spring tension on the NAP rest is the best. If you have broadheads that hit higher or lower than a equal weighted field tip, all you have to do is mess with the spring tension to bring them together.

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I am to picky when I mess around, I shouldn't think or play so much. I got my broadheads and feildtips hitting great. It holds a great group, and everything seems good with cam rotation. Just wondering if you were actually able to get the cables perfectly in the marks?

·
Registered
8,937 Posts
I have found on my razortec that if you crowd the lines towards the riser, both top and bottom, that I pick up 5 fps as compared to centering the cables within the marks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
On my Ultratec, it is not possible to have both cam stops hit at the same time and have the cables at the same position within the performance marks. Better to have the stops correct and the cables anywhere within the lines.

·
Custom callmaker
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JGB

Thats exactly what I was wondering. I got the bow set up very well but the cables just fall between, not the same spot between. I tried to change but no luck. I'll just keep well enough alone. Why fix what ain't broke right!!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I set my cables between the marks then fine tune it until both cams stopped together. You will know when they are stopping together as the wall is rock solid.
Rick

·
Registered
410 Posts
When you are fine tuning for timeing at full draw, make sure you have a stabilizer on the bow, and use the same release and anchor points that you use when shooting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have managed to center the cables in the marks by twisting the string and could feel a difference. A bit smoother draw to the wall. Much trial and error in twisting though. Have had difficulty in keeping the cables perfectly matched though. Do partly to the fact that I use string leeches and have had to replace them three times in three months. The cables have never gone outside the timing marks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts