Archery Talk Forum banner

cam cradle, muddy, 3rd arm, others?

635 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  pronghornproduction
which tree arm do you guys feel is the best for getting good footage as well as ease of use and transportation. I have been using a hunter cam cradle HD with the tree mount and my loaded gl2 seems to be a bit much for it (even though thats what they reccommend). IT would be be awesome for a slightly smaller camera as it is super smooth. I'm wondering what other arms are out there that will be ROCK solid for my setup.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
Get ahold of Antlerhog as he is making a very sturdy custom arm. It will hold any camera you are willing to pack into the woods. And it won't break the bank. Best arm available and affordable.
I don't see any horizontal adjustment on that arm, there is obviously vertical adjustment, but how do you handle a crooked tree?????

· Registered
756 Posts
Is there an actual adjustment screw to move left / right or do you simply have to move the entire mount? I am purely curious about his arm and am not trying to bash it, I just don't see how it would adjust to fit a really crooked tree.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've checked his out and they look super strong no doubt. He doesn't have any more in stock now and says it would be at least two weeks. I guess for this season I'm just gonna get by but I will efinently be lookling at his nest year too.

the other option that i've been strongly considering is the muddy arm. I like the fact that the vertical adjustment also supports the arm which to me looks like it would make it super steady.

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what about weight and portability for the muddy and for antlerhogs arm? my hcc is pretty bulky and definently not light. would want something that would at least fit in a backpack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.