4,588 Posts
what year and model is the bow?

·
Registered
4,588 Posts

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
You sure it’s a supershort? Those look like L6 cams which were on the Vendetta XS, also a very short bow. If you measure the ATA i can confirm.
The top cam in the photo appears to have the optional limb stop slot like the HD cams do. Those are not L6 or Drive cams, as they don't have a limb stop slot. What is the part number of the Top cam?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little over 26.5 axle to axle, definitely ss. I believe breathn put this one together. The cams look a little different than the DC cams on my vendetta DC tho.
Asphalt Bicycle part Line Bicycle handlebar Road surface

You sure it’s a supershort? Those look like L6 cams which were on the Vendetta XS, also a very short bow. If you measure the ATA i can confirm.
The top cam in the photo appears to have the optional limb stop slot like the HD cams do. Those are not L6 or Drive cams, as they don't have a limb stop slot. What is the part number of the Top cam?
81093LT
Automotive tire Bicycle part Audio equipment Rim Motor vehicle

I believe you are right, pretty sure the are hd cams. Very smooth little bow. Also got a set of uf cams with the bow but they look like they may be a little harsh on draw cycle but quite a bit faster. I prefer smooth over speed.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
HD cams are part # 80721. I'm not familiar with the # 81093 cams. Those look like a larger version of the DM cams. I can't find a bow these cams came on. At first, I thought they might have been from a Vendetta VX, but I haven't found any VX's with the limb stop slot. A search for PSE part number 81093 doesn't come up with anything. It's definitely a Frankenbow.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HD cams are part # 80721. I'm not familiar with the # 81093 cams. Those look like a larger version of the DM cams. I can't find a bow these cams came on. At first, I thought they might have been from a Vendetta VX, but I haven't found any VX's with the limb stop slot. A search for PSE part number 81093 doesn't come up with anything. It's definitely a Frankenbow.
Got one of a kind I guess. Got to shoot it today,sweet shooting little bow .

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I can have an ID for ya on Monday; didn’t realize it was a frankenbow…it’s def a drive style cam; could be the first gen dc cam; MH cam, DB cam. Will find out.
I'm definitely curious. I thought the limb stops showed up on post DC cam versions like the DM and HD cams. I would love to know exactly what model cams these are and what bows they came on from the factory. I can't find any info or photos on a cam like this. If they were smaller, I would have no doubt that they are DM cams, but they look way larger than DM cams. I'm stumped.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Does not help your cam question if it's a Franken bow but PSE has an on line serial number look up feature so you can tell what bow it is. If John did the conversion, he might remember what cams he put on it. NY12020 is good on his PSE info, he put together a listing of bow/string info when PSE started dropping it off their tune charts. Why they did that still has me stumped. Hard to assemble but very easy to maintain.
Ches.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
I believe you are right, pretty sure the are hd cams. Very smooth little bow. Also got a set of uf cams with the bow but they look like they may be a little harsh on draw cycle but quite a bit faster. I prefer smooth over speed.
I am with you on that, I put EC cams on my DNA, those CC cams were fast, but no valley and thin. John hooked me up with threads that fit perfect. Speed is nice, but not worth the cost sometimes. That DNA is still my go to bow, my Evolve 31 was sold and NTN just sits in the back seat.
Ches.

Reactions: reelsnow

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys; i've confirmed that cam ID; it is the DB (Drive Beast) cam. Its a touch larger than the DC cam and it arrived in 2016 with the intro of the Beast which is why it has the limb stop whereas the DC cam which came earlier does not. Hope this helps.

@reelsnow; @Dewboy; @Ches
Thanks for the info NY 12020, finally know for sure now.👍👍

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Hey guys; i've confirmed that cam ID; it is the DB (Drive Beast) cam. Its a touch larger than the DC cam and it arrived in 2016 with the intro of the Beast which is why it has the limb stop whereas the DC cam which came earlier does not. Hope this helps.

@reelsnow; @Dewboy; @Ches
Yep. Here's a good look at them with a review of the 2016 PSE Beast:

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
I was surprised at how much slower the Beast DB (Drive Beast cams) is than the Freak SP (Drive cams). The Freak SP (Soft Pull) with DC cams has a IBO of 346 fps - 354 fps whereas the Beast DB has an IBO of 320 fps - 328 fps, both rated at 75% L/O. That's a big difference. But obviously the DB cams are smoother. They could have named the 2016 Beast DB the Freak SSP (Super Soft Pull). No wonder your Frankenbow draws nice. I guess that means you have a Vendetta SSSP (Super Short Soft Pull) AKA: V Triple-S P. Thinking up names for the Frankenbows is part of the fun. :p

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what number of deflection you have in those 896 or 899 limbs, and what power do you get with that configuration.
great small bow
[/QUOTBow is over at the farm, I'll see if I can find limb # then.
Just out of curiosity, I would like to know what number of deflection you have in those 896 or 899 limbs, and what power do you get with that configuration.
great small bow
I was surprised at how much slower the Beast DB (Drive Beast cams) is than the Freak SP (Drive cams). The Freak SP (Soft Pull) with DC cams has a IBO of 346 fps - 354 fps whereas the Beast DB has an IBO of 320 fps - 328 fps, both rated at 75% L/O. That's a big difference. But obviously the DB cams are smoother. They could have named the 2016 Beast DB the Freak SSP (Super Soft Pull). No wonder your Frankenbow draws nice. I guess that means you have a Vendetta SSSP (Super Short Soft Pull) AKA: V Triple-S P. Thinking up names for the Frankenbows is part of the fun. :p
It is smoooooth, and quiet,it's an xforce ss tho, couple inches shorter than the vendetta xs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts