Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked my Allegiance and am really enjoying it. It's not a Mathews, I mean its not even close to being as smooth, but it's nice. I 've noticed a couple things on the Allegiance.

1) It has some pretty significant cam lean. No getting around it I guess, with all the cable and string being attached left of center (I'm left handed), but it doesn't bother me because it shoots really very tight. I mounted a QAD Ultra, attached it to the cable slide to avoid letoff and time problems, and in spite of it being very, very fast, it paper tuned in 4 or 5 shots, shoots bullet holes and is very pleasant to shoot, with no shock or vibration.. the problem is after more than 200 shots, I have chronic peep rotation. It's not a single cam so it's not a difference in tension between the top and bottom string, and you can twist this up till its completely out of tune and it will still rotate. the bow is perfectly tuned and in spec. I thought it must still be string stretch so I pulled the string, hooked it to the hoist and put 100 and 125 lbs on it and the peep didn't rotate at all, so it's not stretch. Here's the only thing I can figure. With significant cam lean (for a lefty) the top cam is tilted to the left at full draw. when I release, the outer edge of the string is rolling off the inner lip of the string groove as the cam cycles, effectively rolling the string to the right during most of the recovery (shot). when I get ready to draw, the peep is always about a 1/4 turn the right. at full draw, the peep usually recovers to just about center, providing I eyeballed the nock loop into the approx position. Anyway, I can't get it to settle or eliminate the peep rotation which is really aggravating.

2) my bottow cam is rubbing on the inside of the lower limb past 1/2 draw. its worn the paint off and has started to etch the cam. Again, I think its due to the rather pronounced cam lean. In itself, I don't think the cam lean is that big of a deal, but it appears to create other problems, at least from my perspective, on my bow. I'm taking it back and see what they do.

Perfectly tuned, drop away QAD, 29" draw and backed off to 64lbs for 3D, I'm getting 318fps (on 2 different chronos) with 325gr arrows. Like I said, it's no Mathews, but it is fast and fun to shoot. I hope they give me some new limbs or something, whatever it takes to fix the cam lean, or whatever is causing all the problems. I would hate to have to peddle it.

Any ideas or anybody experience similar problems?

·
Registered
210 Posts
If your bottom cam is chafing the limb, there is dedinitely something wrong, maybe a bad bushing, missing spacer, etc.
:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
5 Posts
check

check your bushings on your axles!!!! mine were different sizes and had to put the thicker one on the string side

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't think they used bushings on the new BTs, I thought they used bearings. I'll check the bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts