Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now that I know how to time my cams now I need to know about this cam lean I just read about,

How much lean and which side? cable side? so it would lean to the right if I was looking from behind the bow? and I do this by twisting just one side of the yoke attached to the top limb right? and why does it need to be done if anyone knows? if not just tell me how to adjust it to where it needs to be.

Thanks again for any replys

· Banned
4,305 Posts
Don't mess with the cam lean. The bottom cam is usually closer than the top cam. The bows are initially set up at full draw, by the factory. Keep an eye on the cams to be sure they don't move closer to the limb. Mine have not. The cams will lean away from the cable guard, towards the limb. Hope this helps.
Have you got your cams properly set now? They sure are shooters when things are set up right. Good luck with your Dually.

· Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The thing is is that I had them put a winners choice string on and when I looked at the bow after I brought it home there was no cam lean, thats why I need to know how to put it in or how much.

· Banned
4,305 Posts
I'd contact Jamie at BowTech re: this. The lean is designed to allow the cables to track correctly in the cam grooves. If they aren't you will feel them jump in as you draw the bow. Have someone watch the cables & string as you draw the bow. They should track & ride in the center of the grooves. You can change the lean by twisting the split yoke on one side or the other of the cam, depending on which way you need to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.