Archery Talk Forum banner

Cam lean question.

493 Views 3 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Buster of Xs
Hi everyone, can someone please let me know if it is possible to get rid of a one to two millimeter lean on my hoyt 737 bottom cam, it still has the original string and cables on it and it only had a few shots through it, but i just noticed that the cable sits about one to two millimeters ( most likely one ) oustside the module draw stop where it sits on the black rubber bit at full draw.
Please give advice on how i can correct this as i would like it to sit perfect.
P.S. all my other hoyt bows are spot on.
Thanks in advance.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
19,921 Posts
press the bow and make sure there is no slop in the cam,if there is some small washers will tighten it up and help with the lean.also put on a slippery glove on your bow hand and make sure it isnt from torque.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not from torque as all my other hoyt bows are perfectly fine and i grip them all the same, i was just wondering if there is a way to fix the problem by playing with string and cables?
Also my brace height and axle to axle are about a quarter inch over the factory specs, but the poundage is spot on to spec at max, so is there a way to get the brace hight and ata to spec without effecting the poundage?

· Registered
47,636 Posts
You could go through the entire synching process with your cams, that could help if it's 1/4" out right now.

You could swap the limbs (side to side) and see if that helps.

Did you put an aftermarket cable slide on? If you did and it pulls the cables farther from center it could cause this, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.