Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just set up my new z7 and I put on winners choice strings. When I got done I noticed what looked like a lot of lean in the idler wheel. I put some twists in the y-cable and got the ATA back to specs and it looks a lot better, but I still notice some lean. Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Lay an arrow against the left side of the idler (shelf side). Adjust your yoke so the insert of the arrow is an eighth inch from your nocking point when layed along the idler like this. That should put you very close to where you should be. It will have a very slight lean like this \ at rest but it will be straight at full draw.

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Yep, you will have some lean at rest because of the roller guard..the cable gets pulled to the right, pulling bottom of the idler wheel to the right as well (assuming a right handed bow)..

The method mentioned above may not work for everyone, and idler wheel lean needs to be corrected with tuning to get it perfect (for instance, my switchback tuned when an arrow laid against the left side of the idler crossed the string about at the nock point, and while doing this with my dxt, the arrow crosses a few inches above the nock point). While at full draw, look up the string, and the string should look like its tracking pretty straight on the wheel..that will get you close to where you need to be...

Then, http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1056299

1 - 3 of 3 Posts