Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a little ocd about cam lean on bows. how do you remove cam lean from 2 track cam? yes it's elite

·
Life is the Pits
4,433 Posts
Shims. Contact your dealer, I'm sure he can help. I was shooting 2-tracks last year, they shot okay, but the lean drove me nuts.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Shimming the cams is the only way... Maybe a bent cable rod will help, but most likely not. I'm ocd about cam lean too. Have to stick with new breed when I get a two track bow.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i do NOT have it but after watching a video with Jackie w. i was wondering how i would get rid of it if i had any with new elite e-35.
thanks for the help

·
Back Yard Champion
29,736 Posts
Understand, all cam lean is not bad. It's hyped so much here you'd think it was just plain terrible. Longer ata bows with cam lean don't seem to suffer as do shorter ata bows. Longer the angle at full draw does increase as compared to shorter ata bows. At best, one can hope or incorporate something so cam lean remains equal from bow at rest to bow fully drawn.

One of my worst bows for cam lean and still own is as accurate as any bow I've ever owned and own and it accurate at any distance. Wheel and cam lean is that arrows are on each side of the string. It is long of ata, 38 3/8". My shortest is 33 1/2" and has equal cam lean of near 1/4" back to the nocking point as it darned accurate for the distance I've shot it. At 40 yards it will, if I do my part, keep arrows well within the bull's eye of a NFAA indoor 20 yard 5 spot target, 3"+. Best has been about 1 1/2" for 5 arrows.
Here's when I first set it up. Still had the Company and price tag on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Cam lean is over rated. Yes it can cause some issues in tuning. But its no difference in tuning a hybrid cam. I'll agree with sonny, last year I shot a elite with pretty severe cam lean and shot 14 of 20 12s in metropolis on the 2nd day shooting k45.

I have found that large diameter/extreme stiff spines will tune funny out of a binary with some lean, but Iv learned some tricks that have helped a lot with those issues.

Don't loose faith in a 2 track just because of the AT hater fan base.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts