Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never could get the draw stops to hit at exactly the same time on my wifes eva shockey. I got to the point i could give or take a half twist and chose weather the top or bottom hit first by about 1/32".
I am new to tuning, so is there a trick i missed to get them dead on? If not is there an advantage to having the top or bottom hit first?
I chose to have the bottom hit first, and we got it to paper tune. So at full draw the bottom is on the stop, top limb is just off. My thinking was that this would be a similar effect of having the arrow set slightly nock high. Am I correct or am I backwards? Or if it tunes does it not matter?

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
Use the yoke legs instead of the main body of the cable when you get that close. One twist on the yoke legs is less of a change than a twist on the main cable body.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
The part you are missing is shooting a bare shaft arrow from 10 feet through paper and letting the paper tares tell you what you need to do next to get bullet holes. Once you get bullet holes you go to 20 yards and shoot fletched arrows with your bare shaft arrow and get it to hit on the same point by making very small adjustment of the rest typically. Once you have done that you are done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Use the yoke legs instead of the main body of the cable when you get that close. One twist on the yoke legs is less of a change than a twist on the main cable body.
Tried that with the yoke legs, closer, but still not dead on. Just enough to get not as hard of a wall as there should be.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
You can always back off one limb a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,668 Posts
Tried that with the yoke legs, closer, but still not dead on. Just enough to get not as hard of a wall as there should be.
As long as it tunes and it's close to both touching at the same time, you'll never notice a difference. Having one stop off by 1/32" on a draw board will be impossible to notice when it's in your hands. Especially since drawing it by hand will most likely change the stops a little anyway.

·
Registered
51,158 Posts
The part you are missing is shooting a bare shaft arrow from 10 feet through paper and letting the paper tares tell you what you need to do next to get bullet holes. Once you get bullet holes you go to 20 yards and shoot fletched arrows with your bare shaft arrow and get it to hit on the same point by making very small adjustment of the rest typically. Once you have done that you are done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Has nothing to do with what he asked.

·
Registered
51,158 Posts
As long as it tunes and it's close to both touching at the same time, you'll never notice a difference. Having one stop off by 1/32" on a draw board will be impossible to notice when it's in your hands. Especially since drawing it by hand will most likely change the stops a little anyway.
This is the best answer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts