Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i have a pd170 on the way, now time to find a camera arm. Looking for suggestions. Whoever has a pd170 or a camera of similar size what are you using?
thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have used a few camera arms over the last couple years and for a camera of that size I would go with the muddy arm. Only down side is its 200$ JMO.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
2nd that on the Muddy arm. I filmed with a Pd 170 paired with the Muddy arm and it worked perfectly. You'll also need a quality fluid video head and I went with a Manfrotto 701HDV - worked very well. Good luck!

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
hey guys
i have a pd170 on the way, now time to find a camera arm. Looking for suggestions. Whoever has a pd170 or a camera of similar size what are you using?
thanks
Bryan
There are several arms that will handle a PD170 with a decent fluid head.

I use Super Arms with cameras that size and even bigger. You can get away with a slightly less sturdy arm with the PD170, but if you ever plan on going bigger on the camera end, you may be in trouble.

It takes a serious arm to perform with camera/fluid head combos over 7-8 lbs.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Go with a muddy arm, they are alot better than im using. I have a gorilla arm and I'm getting rid of it after the season ends.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone else?

thanks for the input guys. Guess i wll probably go with the muddy. Anyone else with any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
904 Posts
I also use the Muddy and love it. I had the 3rd arm and did not like it as well. It appeared to be sturdier but was not. You can really crank the Muddy down and it is very secure. Plus the 3rd arm has the curve in the outer arm to wrap around you,that's nice if you could always put the arm on the side the curve works for you. I don't know about you all but that is not the case with me. Sometimes it works better on the left side others on the right,the tree dictates. Just my thoughts. I hope it helps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
arm

i have a muddy arm with a pd170 and a manfrotto head i love it i film all my hunts by myself and it works perfect

·
Registered
262 Posts
I talked to Jay he said just get ahold of him!! Walt

·
Registered
78 Posts
i have a muddy arm with a pd170 and a manfrotto head i love it i film all my hunts by myself and it works perfect
+1 for that head

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I filmed for miwest whitetail this year part of the ohio prostaff and muddy was one of our sponsers there arms are great .i film with a cannon gl2 this arm worked perfect,try it you will love it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tree Arm

thanks for the input guys. Guess i wll probably go with the muddy. Anyone else with any input would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Bryan
Hey Bryan, I am the builder of The Viper Tree Arm. I don't know if you have bought one yet. I have an arm that is suited for the Pd 170 camera that I will sell you for $225. I know it is a little bit higher than the Muddy. However I think you would be very happy you got the Viper because it is made out of The highest quality aircraft Aluminum and only weighs 5 pounds. It will last you for many years. Archers choice Media has been usung my arms for a couple of years now and love them. Campbell Outdoors has one of my models in their camera store. Jesse and Ginger Morehead of Stayin Safe tv show has been using my arms for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Don't overlook the Hunter Cam Cradle for an affordable, solid solution. I use the mid-weight model with small cams, and a friend shoots a pro HD Sony cam from the Pro model with super results. Very well made.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts