Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a decent used meadia camera. Anyone with any info. would be great. Also, what is a good one to buy.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
What's a meadia camera?

What's a meadia camera?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Video camera. Need one that is manual focus and waterproof. Something you can use in a tree stands and outdoors in all weather

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nearly all the cameras are going to have an option for manual focus.

I don't know of any cameras that are waterproof. There are some enclosures for certain cameras that can make them waterproof - but they cost more than most of the cameras. What most people use is a waterproof covering for the particular model of camera that they purchase. These are available online from Campbell Camera or B&H Photo.

A recommendation for a camera would depend on what you intend to do with the footage that you capture. If you are only going to be showing it to buddies on your TV at home - there are lots of suitable cameras. Just go to any best buy and choose one that works for your budget. I would also check the lux rating of the camera - anything below 15 means that you will not be able to capture good video after the sun goes down.

If you intend to produce a DVD or TV Show - then you need a broadcast quality camera. These are relatively expensive - in the range of 4 - 5k new and 2 - 3k used. The two most popular models (arguably) used in the outdoor industry are the Canon GL1, GL2 and the Sony PD170/150.

The other thing to consider is HD vs standard definition. Most TVs can now handle HD - and HD footage does look a lot better. But it also takes up a lot more storage space - if you ever decide to produce your own DVD or webcast of the footage.

Without knowing a lot more information - a suggestion on a purchase would be difficult. Video cameras used in the outdoor industry range anywhere from $300 to $50,000 - depending on what the people filming are trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I was looking at spending around 2-3,000 dollars on a camera. You have answered some questions that I had. Thank you for that. I guess I will jsut keep looking and check out the 2 companys name that you stated. Thank you very much

1 - 7 of 7 Posts