Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of the season I gather up the cameras that aren't working and send them in for repairs. I have 5 this year that need to be repaired.
1 Cuddeback No Flash
2 Leaf River DC-1's
2 Stealth Cams, One AD3 and 1 V650.

I made my phone calls to Cuddeback and Leaf River and they went very well. Both companies were very nice and easy to deal with.

My third call was to Stealth Cam. After waiting in que for 13 minutes I was hung up on after a brief conversation. I explained that I was having issues with both cameras having very short battery life. It was recommended that I switch my batteries from Rayovac to Duracell or Energizer. (Which is funny because on a previous conversation with a different camera manufacturer they recommended the Rayovac) I explained that it was the camera that was having an issue with battery life, not the battery, and that I needed an RMA. Customer service response:
"Good luck with that....click".

I had them on speakerphone. My wife heard the whole conversation. I was in disbelief. I can't believe I got hung up on. Now I can't get through because the line is busy. If someone has a number to management I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Was the response I got from customer service. And now I cant' get through because the line is busy.

·
Vendor
90,504 Posts
that is bad customer service however i dont think battery life is a warranty type thing becuase of the variabliity in conditions plus its to easily disputed in a climate control atmosphere

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Never had a stelth cam.Have had many problems with cuddeback customer service.Got to watch cuddeback they will stick it to ya.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't concerned about the warranty. I'd be more than happy to pay a fee to have them fixed or replaced. It's more expensive to have them burning through 8D batteries every three days than it is to have them repaired and working properly.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Good luck dealing with stealth cam. I've had similar experiences. I offered to pay to have a camera fixed (it should have been under warranty but I didn't have the original reciept) and they told me they don't fix cameras. They will take them back under warranty (if you can meet the warranty criteria) then they send a replacement and sell all the defective cameras to a third party to be repaired, etc. I asked them to recommend someone who could fix it and they said no. Fortunately for me the camera I had issues with was purchased at Cabelas and when I called them to see about getting a reciept and explained the bad CS from stealth cam they told me to return it to them. I have not bought a stealth cam since. If you look on ebay you will see tons of refurbished stealth cams. That is where all the returns go, and I'd bet many of them make it to ebay without being repaired.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
It's more expensive to have them burning through 8D batteries every three days than it is to have them repaired and working properly.
One thing you can try is stretching out the springs slightly. I was told by a camera manufacturer a while back that most of the problems they saw with short battery life was due to poor contact and they suggest stretching the spring slightly to get better contact. Not sure if that will help in your case but may be worth a try.

·
Registered
245 Posts
A friend has the same results with his Stealth Cam.....3 days then dead batteries. He called Stealth Cam and they told him they did not fix them and that was normal battery life. Then they told him to buy rechargeables and a solar panel, that is the only fix for this camera. What a piece of junk!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts