Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys what kinda camera do y'all take with you to the woods? I'm looking for a good point an shoot with decent zoom to get some wildlife pics while on stand and scouting.

I always steal my folks camera when we go on vacation and have a ton of pics on my iPhone but it only goes so far haha.

Trying to stay under $300 or so and want one rugged enough for the outdoors.

Thanks!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Look at the Nikon Coolpix S9100. Have had it for about six months now and love it. 18X Zoom and HD Video. Does need a tripod for really zoomed in shots. I paid $279

·
Registered
416 Posts
I also have a DSLR and for taking in the woods a point and shoot is better due to size. I rarely ever use my DSLR anymore because of its size.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found a Nikon Coolpix L120. Under $300 and looks good. Anybody got any expeience with it?

·
SMOKE-N-FINN
1,228 Posts
Panasonic Lumix FZ35
I have an older Lumix, but its got 12X opital zoom, more modes than you can imagine, Leica lenses, all for less than $100 on ebay, sweet camera, and I will be doing much of the same this year, taking pics from stand, btw saw a real cool mini tripod attach on here, very small and you can attatch it to a tree step, branch or most anything for about $20, looks like it would work great in the field, heck you can clamp it to an arrow stuck in the ground if nothing around to use. Im getting one for sure.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Olympus TG-610. its waterproof and shock proof so it can double as a fishing trip camera.

·
Land of the Giants!!
4,374 Posts
Definitely the Nikon L120

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/nikon_coolpix_l120_review/

I'm in the process of purchasing this camera myself right now. The LCD screen on my Olympus SP-565uz recently died so gotta use viewfinder only to take pics. Sucks. Olympus wants a $122 flat repair rate plus gotta ship it out and there and have no cam for a month. Gonna just roll that money into a new cam.

The Nikon L120 is what I have been researching and it gets great reviews. 14.1MP, 21x optical zoom, image stabiliazation, and more goodies.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX..._link_2?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&pageNumber=2

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. Think I've narrowed it down to the Nikon L120 and the Panasonic Lumix FZ45

1 - 13 of 13 Posts