Archery Talk Forum banner

cameraflauge check it out

2471 48
I just completed this moultrie I40. The best security device will not stop real thieves. So I thought the best way to deter thieves is to have them not see it.
Send me your camera the cost is 25.00 per camera. Please let me know what you think.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not molding clay.You know I can't tell you the exact material. I have had cameras out for one years time and it looks like the pictures. I will post pics of camera that has been out since Dec. As soon as I pull it out of the woods. Thanks for the reply.

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am willing to do one free cameraflauge to the first reply after this post. You pay shipping to me and I pay shipping back in the US.

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hunter14 Send me your camera and for 25.00 I can do it. You will not be disappointed.

· Registered
220 Posts
Lookin good what exactly is that molded clay? Will it last long out in the elements? You could be on to something here.
Looks like Liquid Nails (the kind that comes in a caulk tube) to me. Lots of homebrewers have been using it to camo their cameras for quite a while. You just mold it around when it's still kind of wet into the shape of the bark you want it to resemble, let it dry for a few days, then paint it brown/gray to match trees in your area.

· Registered
3,376 Posts
Looks like Liquid Nails (the kind that comes in a caulk tube) to me. Lots of homebrewers have been using it to camo their cameras for quite a while. You just mold it around when it's still kind of wet into the shape of the bark you want it to resemble, let it dry for a few days, then paint it brown/gray to match trees in your area.

You can do it yourself if you are a handy type of guy!

· Registered
220 Posts
You can do it yourself if you are a handy type of guy!
You honestly don't even really need to be handy. When I did a few, all I did was squirt some LN on the case, let it harden a little, then use my hands to form it. Spray painted it when I was done. Not hard at all, and the only thing that took any time whatsoever was waiting while it dried. A rather cheap, and effective way to better camoflauge the camera.

· Registered
10,204 Posts
The problem is, that would most likely void your warranty.
How could putting something on the exterior of the case void the warranty? Not at all trying to be smart. Just wondering.

BTW, everyone, you guys are blowing GregG's good thing here letting out all those LN secrets!:wink:

· Registered
220 Posts

· Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not liquid nails

It is not liquid nails that I am using in my camo treatment. I have seen the liquid nails treatment and it is nowhere near the look of my cameras. I have done a few of my friends cameras. They are blown away with the finished product.

· Registered
10,204 Posts
It is not liquid nails that I am using in my camo treatment. I have seen the liquid nails treatment and it is nowhere near the look of my cameras. I have done a few of my friends cameras. They are blown away with the finished product.
Whats the hood over the IR for?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.