Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When yall hang cameras on public land, how do you do it. Im not really hunting over alot of food, i cant afford an expensive camera to just get stolen, and im trying to see when the deer are moving on the trails. Anyone got some tips?

·
Oklahoma bowhunter
1,525 Posts
I don't run them during the season. I will run them right up until archery season with no problems. It just tells you how many weekend warriors show up when season begins.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
When yall hang cameras on public land, how do you do it. Im not really hunting over alot of food, i cant afford an expensive camera to just get stolen, and im trying to see when the deer are moving on the trails. Anyone got some tips?
best way is over feed.here in pa youcant feed 31 days before season opens.
bad part about feeding on PUBLICLAND is the DOE HUNTERS will set up in your feed spot and kill off every doe they can.

i stopped feeding the deer as meat hunters were ruining my hunting spot.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I don't run them during the season. I will run them right up until archery season with no problems. It just tells you how many weekend warriors show up when season begins.
put out FEED and you will catch a lot of weekend warriors that will sit in that spot.if you are going to FEED and use camera,DO IT WAYBACK IN WOODS WHERE THE MEAT HUNTERS WILL SPOOK DOE TRYING TO GET CLOSE.
feeding in field or pipeline will only attract those type of hunters that will ruin your deer hunting.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
cant do any type of bait on public land in louisiana
thats good. we feed deer all winter and they need it here in western pa.
its legal after season closes.

BUT do to lack of deer, feeding will bring in every hunter to your spot.THATS NOT NICE THING TO SEE.set up camera,THEY WILL FIND IT.

·
Registered
9,815 Posts
This is what I do and haven't had one stolen, I also use cheap wildgame cameras so I'm only out $50 if one gets stolen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts