Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is corny, but I can't help but to express my gratitude towards Cameron Hanes. He has literally changed my life in the last year and a half. Because of him I have lost 60lbs (220 down to 160) and look at life in a completely new way. The old cliche of the fat, lazy hunter is a thing of the past. We as bowhunters need to be in peak physical condition to be successful in the woods. The man is truly one of a kind.

LIFT, RUN, SHOOT

The greater the reward the greater the sacrifice

Train hard, hunt easy

The list goes on but they are truly words to live by. I have also posted a link to some things that I find extremely inspirational. Hope someone on here is as moved as I was and still is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4237VcObo

http://www.cameronhanes.com/training/what-is-a-workout/

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
19,388 Posts
It's a very good lifestyle. People look at you funny when you tell them you train to hunt though. There's a few that get it :)

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
He's very dedicated to both of his passions. A good guy to use as a role model IMO

·
I am my own affliction
2,478 Posts
Good for you, TarsalGland. Your body is a temple, right? Being in shape and healthy is a whole lifestyle.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
He is machine, he has inspired me to run a marothon in oct. I used some of his therioes and trained last year of a Iowa hunt and went into that feeling like a predetaor and came home with my my best buck on a DIY hunt.

Being in shape mentally and physically will pay off even on whitetails hunts, I hunt alot of public ground and pressured private land, and need to stack the odds in my favor so I look at my body and mind as part of my gear now.

I can hunt deeper longer and stay more focused on what I am doing then ever before and belive I can make it happen even when things I cant control happen.

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
I know this is corny, but I can't help but to express my gratitude towards Cameron Hanes. He has literally changed my life in the last year and a half. Because of him I have lost 60lbs (220 down to 160) and look at life in a completely new way. The old cliche of the fat, lazy hunter is a thing of the past. We as bowhunters need to be in peak physical condition to be successful in the woods. The man is truly one of a kind.

LIFT, RUN, SHOOT

The greater the reward the greater the sacrifice

Train hard, hunt easy

The list goes on but they are truly words to live by. I have also posted a link to some things that I find extremely inspirational. Hope someone on here is as moved as I was and still is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4237VcObo

http://www.cameronhanes.com/training/what-is-a-workout/
actually you should shoot before you run and lift. i never had good shooting experiences after i lifted and then shot. i hear where your coming from though, i lost 40 pounds last year to go to Montana to hunt elk and mulies and i feel a lot better. but i have gained 10 or so back. i need to make it a regular life change and stay with it.

but i have to also disagree a little, you do not need to be in shape to be a sucessfull bowhunter. many fat men hike the woods and mountains elk hunting and deer hunting and are very sucessfull. thats also why the made 4 wheelers for fat guys to get to stand..LOL...:wink:

Tony

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Because of him I am writing a book "How I Lost 3 Pounds and Kept it Off for 5 Years"....I admire most of his articles, but you don't have to "bleed" to be a good hunter but I totally respect the inspiration he creates and those who make good changes in their life because of it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
He is a good person for the sport of hunting. Keeps a low profile, speaks softly, and is not intimidating.
I would rather have him represent hunters than some other folks.

·
Scout, Hunt, Kill!!!
4,261 Posts
He is a good person for the sport of hunting. Keeps a low profile, speaks softly, and is not intimidating.
I would rather have him represent hunters than some other folks.
This.

His workouts have inspired me and I am now following them. I'm doing more of the lifting, I can keep up with him there. Running a 100 mile ultra marathon though, is a different beast.

Try his workout posted on http://www.alwayslethal.com/Arsenal/Detail/4
I've been doing this for about 3 weeks and I feel like I'm on my way to the best shape of my life. Benched 275 yesterday, my best ever, weighing in right at 200.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
That dude is a freak of nature! That hunt where the animal (sheep?) died right at the edge of the cliff and he grabbed it to keep it from falling was just unbelievable!

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Although I haven't lost any weight, Cameron Hanes is one of the most influential representatives of our sport out there.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Posting to read when I get off work tonight!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts