Archery Talk Forum banner

Cameron Hanes

6109 16
Hey guys and gals. Just wondering if anybody on here is an "insider" or "in the know" on Cameron Hanes future in the bowhunting industry. Just received my new issue of Eastmans Bowhunting Journal and Cameron is no longer the editor and Guy Eastman is currently writing his dialed in column. Guy says do to Cameron's added responsibilities within the industry and at home he doesn't have the flexibilty to continue as editor. Still a great mag, just bummed Cameron is no longer with them. Any info would be appreciated. thanks guys.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,217 Posts
I think he landed a Rockey Mountain Elk Foundation gig as well. Cam is awesome and I look forward to his arcticles. Eastmans loss.

· Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think he joined the gang at REALTREE I'm not 100% sure of it
yes he did join realtree awhile back. Eastmans run mossy oak ads and have seen them wearing the new treestand camo. so i kinda thought something was up then. who knows maybe jerdon made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

· Premium Member
581 Posts
I was listening to the latest podcast of Bowcast, and Hanes was a guest on the show. He was asked the question, and he said that it was a great run with Eastman's, but they went their separate ways. He did not say what he was going to do, but only spoke with the highest respect of Eastman's magazine and wished them the best. Class guy.

· DefiantShooter
11,046 Posts
I've heard the RealTree gig to....

· I am the Tin Man!
2,985 Posts
I know cdmorten talked to him about it at the Phoenix ISE show last week. Didnt give alot of details. Im gonna miss his shows.

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Ebj

At this point I think Nate Simmons can and will produce as much advise about backcountry hunting, gear, and application info as Hanes was. Hanes is big enough to be his own entity now, and probably wants to capitalize on it.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Beav's on the right track I think. Cam was a great guy/hunter long before he joined eastmans, and he self published his own book on blacktails. Eastmans just gave hime the chance to get his name out alot more and faster. Cam is a smart guy and a hard worker so yes I can say he is on to BIGGER and BETTER things.

· save the decoys!!!!!!!!!!
7,037 Posts
i couldnt agree more. i like nate simmons, hope he takes the job. they wouldnt miss a beat at eastmans, and cameron could pursue what he wants.... a win/win situation i think.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.